2018 Doctorate Application Progress thread

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Betterdaystocome

Re: 2018 Doctorate Application Progress thread

Post by Betterdaystocome » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:54 pm

hawke wrote:Birmingham
Exeter

Bath
Cov & Warwick (expecting the rejection letter this week)

I didn't get short-listed at Exeter last year, so really pleased to get a chance this time round.

Ah I haven't heard from Exeter yet so I guess it's a no for me... Was it an email? When did they send it out?

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
conoro27

Post by conoro27 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:15 pm

Hey Betterdays, I received an e-mail at 5pm. I know someone who hasn't received an e-mail yet from Exeter too.

Betterdaystocome

Post by Betterdaystocome » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:21 pm

conoro27 wrote:Hey Betterdays, I received an e-mail at 5pm. I know someone who hasn't received an e-mail yet from Exeter too.
Thanks for your response, I hope I hear soon one way or another! I haven’t heard a peep from any of the courses I applied to, it’s driving me crazy!!!

conoro27

Post by conoro27 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:15 pm

Exeter
Southampton (10th on the interview reserve list)
Surrey
UCL

Gobsmacked... but also excited for my first interviews after a couple of years of flat-out rejections! :shock:

Good luck to everyone waiting on responses.

conoro27

Post by conoro27 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:17 pm

Betterdaystocome wrote:
conoro27 wrote:Hey Betterdays, I received an e-mail at 5pm. I know someone who hasn't received an e-mail yet from Exeter too.
Thanks for your response, I hope I hear soon one way or another! I haven’t heard a peep from any of the courses I applied to, it’s driving me crazy!!!
Good luck! Fingers are crossed for you. :)

RachaelOmega

Post by RachaelOmega » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:44 pm

Excited to get my first opportunity to interview!

IoPPN
UCL
South Wales - tests completed (but didn't do very well on the numerical reasoning test!! :oops: )

I like to say, "I'm not an Applicant, I'm an Applican!" :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Betterdaystocome

Post by Betterdaystocome » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:43 am

Has anyone had rejections from:

Exeter
South Wales
Bath
or Plymouth

I'm just wondering if they're only letting the successful applicants know, which seems a bit mean!! :cry:

Victoriomantic

Post by Victoriomantic » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:47 am

I've not heard anything from Plymouth yet

MindfulPsych

Post by MindfulPsych » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:29 pm

Betterdaystocome wrote:Has anyone had rejections from:

Exeter
South Wales
Bath
or Plymouth

I'm just wondering if they're only letting the successful applicants know, which seems a bit mean!! :cry:
I haven't heard from Plymouth yet :)

Have you checked your junk folder on your emails? I think they would let all applicants know whether they have an interview or not... that would be mean otherwise!

Victoriomantic

Post by Victoriomantic » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:14 pm

Plymouth have just emailed :)

Victoriomantic

Post by Victoriomantic » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:18 pm

First time applying.

Surrey
Salomons
Hertfordshire
Plymouth

Absolutely thrilled and delighted! :D

firefly

Post by firefly » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:22 pm

Exeter
South Wales
Bath
or Plymouth

I've also applied to Exeter, South Wales and Bath and haven't heard anything yet, however it does seem that some people who have been selected for interview heard back from Exeter yesterday, so unfortunately it might be that it's only the rejections that haven't been sent out yet. Seems that nobody has heard from SW or Bath either way so still some hope on those. (I haven't applied to Plymouth but it sounds like emails are being sent out now).

Betterdaystocome

Post by Betterdaystocome » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:46 pm

firefly wrote:

Exeter
South Wales
Bath
or Plymouth

I've also applied to Exeter, South Wales and Bath and haven't heard anything yet, however it does seem that some people who have been selected for interview heard back from Exeter yesterday, so unfortunately it might be that it's only the rejections that haven't been sent out yet. Seems that nobody has heard from SW or Bath either way so still some hope on those. (I haven't applied to Plymouth but it sounds like emails are being sent out now).
That's what I'm thinking (about Exeter). I just got reserve-listed by Plymouth which I feel okay about, though I'm guessing it's unlikely anyone turns an interview down!

Soooo...

South Wales
Exeter
Bath
Plymouth

Ledaena

Post by Ledaena » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:19 pm

Congratulations to all those going to interview :)

I have not heard from Coventry and Warwick or Exeter but presume that I did not get any further.
Coventry and Warwick
Exeter
Lancaster
Plymouth

It was my first time applying so did not expect to get anywhere as I had only recently completed my masters. I have learned a lot from this experience and feel that I need to believe in myself more and to be more prepared regarding the tests.

Good luck in your applications.

firefly

Post by firefly » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:32 pm

Betterdaystocome wrote:
firefly wrote:

Exeter
South Wales
Bath
or Plymouth

That's what I'm thinking (about Exeter). I just got reserve-listed by Plymouth which I feel okay about, though I'm guessing it's unlikely anyone turns an interview down!

Soooo...

South Wales
Exeter
Bath
Plymouth
Well good luck with the rest, I think we're going to have to wait 'til deadline day to hear from them and you never know about Plymouth, there'll always be some people who have to turn down interviews!