Yes I've heard from... 2018 ed.

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
J813Astn
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:54 pm

Yes I've heard from... 2018 ed.

Post by J813Astn » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:28 pm

Hi all,

I thought I would start this as I found it really helpful last year to have a separate thread for us all to discuss who has and has not gotten back to applicants. So far it looks like interview invites have been sent out for the following (though please do correct and update me if I am wrong):

UK:
Bangor
Oxford
UEA
Essex
Leicester

Ireland:
Trinity
UCD (first round?)
Queens (first round?)

Good luck everyone. Hope the snow is proving a lovely distraction for you all while we wait. :)
Last edited by miriam on Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: to separate UEA and essex

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
lakeland
Posts: 847
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:18 pm

Re: Yes I've heard from... 2018 ed.

Post by lakeland » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:40 pm

UEA and Essex are different courses aren’t they?

J813Astn
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:54 pm

Re: Yes I've heard from... 2018 ed.

Post by J813Astn » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:49 pm

Whoops - sorry! Yes they are!

Thanks :)

clinpsymember
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:02 pm

Re: Yes I've heard from... 2018 ed.

Post by clinpsymember » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:46 pm

Has anyone heard from Sheffield yet? Getting a little worried about how little notice it looks like they're planning on giving, as they start interviewing on the 20th March and it looks like all the other early courses have sent out feedback

Brio52
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:36 am

Re: Yes I've heard from... 2018 ed.

Post by Brio52 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:08 pm

clinpsymember wrote:Has anyone heard from Sheffield yet? Getting a little worried about how little notice it looks like they're planning on giving, as they start interviewing on the 20th March and it looks like all the other early courses have sent out feedback
I think people got responses around 10/March last year, so a bit short notice. :shock:
I'm waiting to hear from them so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

aojke22
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:26 am

Re: Yes I've heard from... 2018 ed.

Post by aojke22 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:32 pm

Hello,

I'm seeing on Facebook that UCL has sent out rejections via email today - and one person on here recieved an interview via post. I was wondering whether anybody has recieved neither of these at this point?! I live in a block where post gets lost/disappears pretty frequently so I'm wondering whether to get in touch with UCL in the week or if they're sending things out in big chunks.

clinpsymember
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:02 pm

Re: Yes I've heard from... 2018 ed.

Post by clinpsymember » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:11 pm

Brio52 wrote:
clinpsymember wrote:Has anyone heard from Sheffield yet? Getting a little worried about how little notice it looks like they're planning on giving, as they start interviewing on the 20th March and it looks like all the other early courses have sent out feedback
I think people got responses around 10/March last year, so a bit short notice. :shock:
I'm waiting to hear from them so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.
Ahh I hope it won't be as late as that this year! We'll just have to both hope for next week! Good luck :)

clinpsymember
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:02 pm

Re: Yes I've heard from... 2018 ed.

Post by clinpsymember » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:13 pm

aojke22 wrote:Hello,

I'm seeing on Facebook that UCL has sent out rejections via email today - and one person on here recieved an interview via post. I was wondering whether anybody has recieved neither of these at this point?! I live in a block where post gets lost/disappears pretty frequently so I'm wondering whether to get in touch with UCL in the week or if they're sending things out in big chunks.
I'm in the same position too, no email and no letter! Also nervously waiting to see whether they are doing rejection emails in batches...

camilla
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:42 pm

Re: Yes I've heard from... 2018 ed.

Post by camilla » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:58 pm

hi ,

unfortunately I received the email saying I wasn't invited for the interviews for UCL. Good luck with yours !

sarz27
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:04 pm

Re: Yes I've heard from... 2018 ed.

Post by sarz27 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:48 pm

Sheffield are sending emails

ruby08
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:41 pm

Re: Yes I've heard from... 2018 ed.

Post by ruby08 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:55 pm

Manchester sent their emails out this afternoon.

User avatar
Victoriomantic
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:51 pm

Re: Yes I've heard from... 2018 ed.

Post by Victoriomantic » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:28 pm

Salomons sent emails out about 2 hours ago

MissK
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Yes I've heard from... 2018 ed.

Post by MissK » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:01 pm

Surrey have sent out emails also. Did everyone who didn’t get a straight interview receive an email saying that Surrey might call them if an interview space becomes available?

sarz27
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:04 pm

Re: Yes I've heard from... 2018 ed.

Post by sarz27 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:44 am

Yes I emailed them asking for clarification as to whether I am actually on a waitlist or whether this was a general statement and they replied that it was just a general statement they had sent to everyone.

Smithbv
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:48 pm

Re: Yes I've heard from... 2018 ed.

Post by Smithbv » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:48 pm

Is anybody still awaiting a response from Birmingham? I know some interview invites were sent yesterday, but a response either way to put the rest of us out of our misery would be nice! Now for the painful weekend wait :shock:
Last edited by Smithbv on Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest