Numerical Reasoning test problems

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
AJ555

Numerical Reasoning test problems

Post by AJ555 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:10 pm

Hi everyone.

I am having issues with the numerical reasoning test. (I know, I shouldn't have left it until now but I panicked when I went to do it the other day). But I have done the verbal reasoning test.

Anyway, I started doing it with no problems, accidentally closed the page down. Went to go back to it as it says in the FAQ on the page and it keeps saying that the test has to be reset... But I can't do anything.

Does it mean it has to be reset by the administrator? :| :| I have emailed but it has to be done by tomorrow so I'm not holding out much hope of being able to complete it :x

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
RJParker

Re: Numerical Reasoning test problems

Post by RJParker » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:40 pm

Yes, tests need to be reset by the administrator. If you have emailed me then I will have done this. If you have contacted one of the programmes then email me and I'll reset the test as soon as I have a chance.

Our advice not to wait until the last few days to do the tests is to try to help you avoid these kind of things - we are trying to help!

AJ555

Post by AJ555 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:01 pm

Thank you!

I wasn't planning on leaving it until last minute but I panicked when I went to do it in the week! :lol:

It's all done and dusted now though. Phew! Panic over.

RJParker

Post by RJParker » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:06 pm

Well done - I hope it went well.

JB99

Post by JB99 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:38 am

RJParker wrote:Yes, tests need to be reset by the administrator. If you have emailed me then I will have done this. If you have contacted one of the programmes then email me and I'll reset the test as soon as I have a chance.

Our advice not to wait until the last few days to do the tests is to try to help you avoid these kind of things - we are trying to help!
Just out of curiosity, do the online tests have test-retest reliability data? My concern with these tests is that they put a substantial amount of weighting on performance within very limited time-frame and, typically, numerical tests demonstrate fairly poor reliability as measures.

RJParker

Post by RJParker » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:23 am

Yes, they have outstanding test-retest reliability. The evidence base is why we use them. The statistical data on the tests is freely available online.