Reserve lists for places query

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Purplejob

Reserve lists for places query

Post by Purplejob » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:40 pm

I am on the reserve list for a place at Manchester and, even though I’m pleased to be on the reserves, they don’t give us any information on our position/rank. So I am wondering if anyone knows what the average number of people on a reserve list tends to be across courses?

Thanks so much!

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
Stephhhhaniee

Re: Reserve lists for places query

Post by Stephhhhaniee » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:01 pm

Well done on your reserve!

It really depends each year and which course. I had a reserve place two years ago at UEL and started as number 9 and ended as 1st reserve. My year there were 14 people on the reserve list in total for a course that has 30 odd places!

This year I’m on the UEA list which does tend to move but again they don’t give me any more info.

You will likely see most movement end of may/June when everyone has interviewed and are deciding between multiple offers or waiting to see if they get their preferred place (their on the reserve list) before declining another place they were offered.

Good luck!

Sweetx

Post by Sweetx » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:29 pm

I am also on the reserve list for manchester, would be keen to hear of any movement :D

BlueCat
Site Admin

Post by BlueCat » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:15 am

It varies from course to course (doesn't everything!). To my knowledge it would tend to never be less than about half the number of course places, and the maximum I am aware of is everyone who meets the requires standard following interview, ranked in interview score order....so potentially could be up to three times the number of places available.

Good luck c
There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes. Billy Connolly.

Jpsy

Post by Jpsy » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:22 pm

Hi there,
I am also on the reserve list for Manchester and can't help but feel like they might have put pretty much everyone on the reserve list? Does anyone know how long the reserve list is?
Thanks

Sweetx

Post by Sweetx » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:37 pm

Jpsy wrote:Hi there,
I am also on the reserve list for Manchester and can't help but feel like they might have put pretty much everyone on the reserve list? Does anyone know how long the reserve list is?
Thanks
These are my exact thoughts, I feel like there are a lot of people on this reserve list. I am assuming everyone who they felt were adequate at interviews and they would be willing to offer a place should one become available. I suppose 24 places need to be filled, so who knows! :shock: :shock:

Does anyone know if they contact you as soon as a place becomes available or do they wait until the 1-8th June to send out offers to reserves?