How to get a reference from companies with HR minimum reference policy

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
hazpsych

How to get a reference from companies with HR minimum reference policy

Post by hazpsych » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:41 pm

What do people use for their employment experience references?

I have the issue that all the companies I have worked for have the policy that only HR references are given and that seems to be a common thing with most companies these days. so I'm wondering how people have got around that when writing their applications? I really want to apply this year having spent 2 years gaining experience and doing a masters currently but the deadline is fast approaching and I just don't know how to tackle this issue?

:(

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
miriam
Site Admin

Re: How to get a reference from companies with HR minimum reference policy

Post by miriam » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:24 pm

You need to get a specific supervisor to agree to give a reference for this purpose, rather than asking for a generic reference for a future employer which HR can according to their policy.
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com

alexh

Re: How to get a reference from companies with HR minimum reference policy

Post by alexh » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:54 pm

If your supervisor is not a CP or is not familiar with the process it will be worth flagging this to them as early as possible in case the think they cannot do this, or are likely to refuse based on these policies.