Applying for 2019 Clinical Doctorate

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Lib

Applying for 2019 Clinical Doctorate

Post by Lib » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:45 pm

hi

I am new to the ClinPsy forum and 2019 was my first year applying and i do not have any colleagues/friends who have applied so i feel extra clueless. There wasnt a thread which seemed appropriate posting this question on. I wondered when roughly we find out the first stage , e.g if we have got through to the selection tests. i know Stafford selection test is at the end of feb and Lancaster selection test is between feb-march. I am unsure if i should start revising just in case i do get through.

thank you

LIbby

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
persephone56

Re: Applying for 2019 Clinical Doctorate

Post by persephone56 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:48 am

Usually the first responses with regard to interviews start being released around Valentine's day - my guess is either the week of the 11th or the week of the 18th this year (but possibly more likely to be the 11th, as the following week is half-term which is when a lot of staff will take leave). There's then about 5 or 6 weeks where all the responses come out. I think the end of March is the final deadline.

If you look back through the mega threads from previous years, you can get a sense of when people started to hear from different courses. Typically courses follow the same timeline every year, but it's not guaranteed in any way, shape or form. I'm not sure if selection test invitations come out earlier than interview invitations, as I've never done one, so the past threads would be useful for figuring that out.

Edit: I just found this, a list of dates for shortlisting tests. I imagine you'd get a fair notice period if you're invited to do any. http://www.leeds.ac.uk/chpccp/aftershortlist.html

Alice132

Post by Alice132 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:44 am

For the Lancaster selection tests everyone who applies is invited to take the tests so I would definitely recommend revising if you've applied there, just to get an idea of the format of the tests if nothing else.
It would be so nice if something made sense for a change

Randomswirls
Team Member

Post by Randomswirls » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:43 pm

If I knew I meet the criteria to be invited for a selection test then I started revising prior to the invites I think. I should say that I was starting from scratch in terms of revision hence starting before the invite!