Edinburgh/UEL SJT problem

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
yllmerie

Edinburgh/UEL SJT problem

Post by yllmerie » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:16 pm

Hi there,

I have applied to both Edinburgh and UEL and completed the UEL selection tests on Saturday. Edinburgh and UEL are supposed to have the same SJT so I didn't complete the SJT online for Edinburgh as instructed. However this afternoon, Edinburgh emailed to say we had to complete the SJT online as they realised the tests were different and sent us a link to do so by Monday noon.

This link didn't work and automatically said it was already completed, the same happened for a friend. We both contacted both Edinburgh and UEL, Edinburgh said UEL will send us a new link but UEL have not sent any reply.

Anyone else in the same situation and did the link work for you? It seems like a bit of a mess. Aware that now it is past work hours on a Friday.

Thanks

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
FionaB

Re: Edinburgh/UEL SJT problem

Post by FionaB » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:20 pm

Hi Ylimerie,

I’m in the same position! Completed it on Saturday at UEL and have since been sent new link to do it for Edinburgh.

I also logged on, was immediately told I’d completed and was told by Edinburgh to get in touch with UEL. No reply so far. Add in the fact that I’m away travelling for a week and today was the last day with access to a computer with ‘stable connection’ and I can’t even guarantee I’d be able to do a new test before Monday now (especially if I don’t hear back till Monday!)

So worried about it all!!!

yllmerie

Re: Edinburgh/UEL SJT problem

Post by yllmerie » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:40 pm

Hi Fiona,

It's reassuring at least to hear others are in the same position! Hopefully that means they will fix it and extend the deadline. I also emailed the clinical director at Edinburgh on Friday just to be sure that someone else in the department knew about the problem.