Past info re Birmingham Written Test

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
truecolours

Past info re Birmingham Written Test

Post by truecolours » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:46 pm

Hi all,
Does anyone know where I can access the written exercises and answer schemes from the previous years?
The pdf file provided under "Entry Requirements" on Birmingham's page is only for the 2018 written exercise. I found links to the 2014 written exercise and answer scheme and the 2016 exercise while perusing this forum but no luck in finding the rest. Not sure if there is a page or archive page I am missing. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
Doodlebug

Re: Birmingham Written Test

Post by Doodlebug » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:29 am

Good Morning,

The birmingham selection procedure has changed and they are no longer using the written test for screening applications at this stage. Although if you wish to use them as practice i can see if i have any saved from previous years.

Best

DB

truecolours

Post by truecolours » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:40 pm

Hi DB,

Yes, that would be helpful if you have copies of any of the past written tests! Much appreciated. Let me know what your preferred way of sharing it would be!

Doodlebug

Post by Doodlebug » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:48 pm

I do remember printing them off last year but cant find e copies on my laptop. I will have a dig around for hardcopies and if i manage to locate them could scan over via DM. Would anyone again be interested in going over last years paper on a live chat??

truecolours

Post by truecolours » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:03 am

Doodlebug wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:48 pm
I do remember printing them off last year but cant find e copies on my laptop. I will have a dig around for hardcopies and if i manage to locate them could scan over via DM. Would anyone again be interested in going over last years paper on a live chat??
Hi DB, just checking to see if you were able to find any of those past papers in your archives? Let me know - still happy if you were willing to share! :)

Doodlebug

Post by Doodlebug » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:45 pm

Hi truecolours

Sorry for the delay. I haven't I'm afraid i was sure i did but after all the chaos of the previous year (new house and baby!!) I havent been able to locate them. I wonder if a google search may bring up any earlier links??

Best wishes and good luck

DB

truecolours

Post by truecolours » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:43 pm

Doodlebug wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:45 pm
Hi truecolours

Sorry for the delay. I haven't I'm afraid i was sure i did but after all the chaos of the previous year (new house and baby!!) I havent been able to locate them. I wonder if a google search may bring up any earlier links??

Best wishes and good luck

DB
Ah, congrats on the new house and baby! Exciting and more important things in life! :) Yea, I've been able to find a few papers through Google - think that would suffice for now. Good luck to you too! :)

Doodlebug

Post by Doodlebug » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:06 pm

Ah thanks truecolours, ive been dipping in and out of the application process over the years and ended up making a conscious decision to get on with my life; i realised i had somehow pressed pause on everything else for a period and needed to take a step back from the process as it left me pretty disillusioned. Back again recently but with a lot of other things to consider than when i was a fresh faced, bright eyed and bushy tailed newly graduated applicant!!

truecolours

Post by truecolours » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:47 pm

Doodlebug wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:06 pm
Ah thanks truecolours, ive been dipping in and out of the application process over the years and ended up making a conscious decision to get on with my life; i realised i had somehow pressed pause on everything else for a period and needed to take a step back from the process as it left me pretty disillusioned. Back again recently but with a lot of other things to consider than when i was a fresh faced, bright eyed and bushy tailed newly graduated applicant!!
We've all got our own paths ahead of us, whether it was what we thought it'd be when we first started out or not. The whole grad school road can definitely be ridiculously overwhelming. Respect to you for returning to this crazy road. Cheers to life being unpredictable and riding the highs and lows! :)