DCLIN 2019 Newcastle - reference

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
jason712

DCLIN 2019 Newcastle - reference

Post by jason712 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:13 pm

Hi all, I have my interview with Newcastle next week and part of the process is to get a reference from my line manager. I passed it to my line manager who told me that it's against the organisation's policy for her to do my reference and the only people who can is HR who use their own system. Apparently, it's gross misconduct if my manager were to do my reference. Part of Newcastle's reference requires a rating of my competencies which HR can't comment on either.

I have sent an email to Newcastle's admissions regarding this and my workplace HR have sent "their" reference however I am concerned now that my invite maybe withdrawn because I can't meet this condition. Anyone else experienced something similar to this?

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
mungle

Re: DCLIN 2019 Newcastle - reference

Post by mungle » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:43 am

I've come across this in other organisations before and I don't know what the answer is with the dclinpsy application. Perhaps you could post the outcome for future applicants?

All the best and I hope you get your interview.

jason712

Post by jason712 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:27 pm

I didn't get Newcastle but there was no mention of the reference at the interview. So at the least if anyone has trouble they should be able to attend the interview no problem.

workingmama
Team Member

Post by workingmama » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:29 am

I had some really late references for Newcastle, and ended up submitting three (my 'most recent' which is required, wasn't all that relevant as I'd done a few different things on route to clinical psychology and it wasn't a problem. HTH anyone searching this in future.
Fail, fail again, fail better.