Access to a car?

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Mephistofela

Access to a car?

Post by Mephistofela » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:34 pm

Hi everyone,

I have been looking through the requirements of the courses, and the majority of them expect applicants to have a valid drivers license when they are interviewed. They also say that access to a car is essential, but I am not sure I understand at which point access to a car is needed - when offered a place or when starting the course? I am asking because while I have a drivers license I don't currently have a car - my plan is to get one only if I am offered a place on a course for which this would be required. I am planning to email the specific courses that I want to apply to and check with them but I thought it would be useful to hear other's experiences about this.

Thank you!

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
Randomswirls
Team Member

Re: Access to a car?

Post by Randomswirls » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:37 pm

When I interviewed I needed to show my driving license and that was enough.

PinkFreud19

Post by PinkFreud19 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:27 pm

At interview, they will only require a driving license as evidence of this criterion. In light of this, I think it's fine to wait until you are offered a place before shelling out a lot of money on a car and insurance. Who's going to know?

Also, remember placements usually don't start until November/December, so you actually have even longer.

Mephistofela

Post by Mephistofela » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:41 pm

Hello Randomswirls and PinkFreud19, thanks for letting me know!