Edinburgh Interview Feedback

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Bokbag87

Edinburgh Interview Feedback

Post by Bokbag87 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:45 pm

Hi Everyone,

I was unsuccessful at the interview stage for Edinburgh, but as of yet I have not received any feedback from the interview which was now more than 3 months ago. Is everyone else experiencing the same? I also wondered if this was normal? I think it is very very poor to be made to wait this long for feedback from an interview which anyone from any interview is legally entitled to and does not speak highly of the course.

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
ell

Re: Edinburgh Interview Feedback

Post by ell » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:21 pm

Is one legally entitled to feedback from interviews?

Alex

Post by Alex » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:54 pm

Unless you are looking for emotional support or to vent your anger, I am not sure why you have posted this. Surely, you need to be addressing this with the Edinburgh course - if you want feedback only they can help you with this or if you are unhappy with their response time then they are ones to complain to.

Bokbag87

Post by Bokbag87 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:47 pm

If notes are made about your performance and stored you are legally allowed to request it is my understanding although if I am incorrect I am happy to withdraw that :)

Alex - I found your whole response very strange to be honest. I posted it here because it is a forum related to clinical psychology and it is a matter relating to the doctorate interviews :? And perhaps others also felt the same or maybe my irritation (not anger as you have assumed) is misplaced. I have no idea why you would take the time to respond to this in the way you have chosen and it comes across as uncaring and cold

Alex

Post by Alex » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:56 pm

Bokbag87 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:47 pm
If notes are made about your performance and stored you are legally allowed to request it is my understanding although if I am incorrect I am happy to withdraw that :)

Alex - I found your whole response very strange to be honest. I posted it here because it is a forum related to clinical psychology and it is a matter relating to the doctorate interviews :? And perhaps others also felt the same or maybe my irritation (not anger as you have assumed) is misplaced. I have no idea why you would take the time to respond to this in the way you have chosen and it comes across as uncaring and cold
I obviously wasn't clear enough if you found it strange and did not understand why I posted. As I understood from your post, you have a problem with Edinburgh course not providing feedback in a timely manner. To act effectively to solve this problem, you need to address it with the course by continuing to enquire about receiving feedback or making a formal complaint. Or if you really want to go down the route of legally requesting interview notes (maybe a step too far).

I am sorry my honest response came across uncaring and cold.

maven
Site Admin

Post by maven » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:48 am

ell wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:21 pm
Is one legally entitled to feedback from interviews?
Yeah, this.
Bokbag87 wrote:
That's a data protection right, but isn't the same thing as feedback.
Bokbag87 wrote:
I'm afraid I have some sympathy with Alex. You did come across as angry, and having unrealistic expectations. And Alex is right that there isn't anything anybody here can do to resolve your issue. But if it helps, I have some sympathy with your frustration. I do think it is good practice to try to offer feedback whenever possible, and to do so as promptly as possible. And I don't think it would be unreasonable to ask a course that offered feedback but didn't provide it (assuming you followed the appropriate process to request it) whether there is any action you can take to follow this up, and potentially to raise a complaint if you are unhappy.
Maven.

Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something - Plato
The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool - Shakespeare

Bokbag87

Post by Bokbag87 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:11 am

Ok thank you for the clarification.

In part I was posting on here as I have applied a number of times and had a number of interviews and have been successful this year. After each I have been given feedback within a couple of weeks, which perhaps I was lucky with, but given it was different universities I had assumed that was standard. I requested feedback after the interview and twice more since and the latest response was that it would come “at some time in September” and this delay didn’t seem very professional to me. I therefore thought I would post here to see if this was normal for other applicants or even for Edinburgh as other unis responded within weeks.

Hopefully others will have feedback waiting times to share.