Staffordshire - Screening for 2020 intake

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Post Reply
Bournemouthgal
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:19 pm

Staffordshire - Screening for 2020 intake

Post by Bournemouthgal » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:25 am

Hi all,
I’ve seen a previous thread on here which stated that Staffordshire use the General Mental Ability tests as part of their screening process, but it does not state that clearly on clearing house/ their website. So I just wondered if this is still the case?

If so, does anyone know which types of mental ability screening tests and if they will need to be done in person at the university, or if we’ll do them the week commencing 24th February at home?

Thanks all.

khx
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:25 am

Re: Staffordshire - Screening for 2020 intake

Post by khx » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:03 am

Last year it was not a GMA test but a written test. It was sat in the University. :)

sumayya01
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:04 pm

Re: Staffordshire - Screening for 2020 intake

Post by sumayya01 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:06 pm

Hello,

What were the written screening tests like? How do I revise for them?!

blaman444
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:21 pm

Re: Staffordshire - Screening for 2020 intake

Post by blaman444 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:39 pm

Anyone have any idea what the test will entail? We have been given very little information. Any help would be massively appreciated!

User avatar
maven
Site Admin
Posts: 2200
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:00 pm

Re: Staffordshire - Screening for 2020 intake

Post by maven » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:41 pm

blaman444 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:39 pm
Anyone have any idea what the test will entail? We have been given very little information. Any help would be massively appreciated!
If you've been given very little information, then that is the same for all candidates. Asking for (or providing) insider information is against our forum rules.
Maven.

Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something - Plato
The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool - Shakespeare

blaman444
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:21 pm

Re: Staffordshire - Screening for 2020 intake

Post by blaman444 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:36 am

maven wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:41 pm
blaman444 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:39 pm
Anyone have any idea what the test will entail? We have been given very little information. Any help would be massively appreciated!
If you've been given very little information, then that is the same for all candidates. Asking for (or providing) insider information is against our forum rules.
I appreciate the rules in regards to this. I'm not asking for any information that would give me an unfair advantage over others. I'm just aware of other threads where people have given some pointers. This includes people who have sat similar tests in the past and course staff. You're definitely right to point this out though, so thank you :)

User avatar
maven
Site Admin
Posts: 2200
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:00 pm

Re: Staffordshire - Screening for 2020 intake

Post by maven » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:04 pm

blaman444 wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:36 am
maven wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:41 pm
blaman444 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:39 pm
Anyone have any idea what the test will entail? We have been given very little information. Any help would be massively appreciated!
If you've been given very little information, then that is the same for all candidates. Asking for (or providing) insider information is against our forum rules.
I appreciate the rules in regards to this. I'm not asking for any information that would give me an unfair advantage over others. I'm just aware of other threads where people have given some pointers. This includes people who have sat similar tests in the past and course staff. You're definitely right to point this out though, so thank you :)
You are asking for information that would give you an unfair advantage, because you are asking for information that is not in the public domain. Courses release the information they want candidates to have, and we do not allow users to solicit or provide additional information, just as we do not allow sharing of interview questions or tasks.

And the threads you refer to have led to similar moderator responses and on occasion warnings for the users involved.
Maven.

Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something - Plato
The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool - Shakespeare

blaman444
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:21 pm

Re: Staffordshire - Screening for 2020 intake

Post by blaman444 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:26 pm

maven wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:04 pm
blaman444 wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:36 am
maven wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:41 pm

If you've been given very little information, then that is the same for all candidates. Asking for (or providing) insider information is against our forum rules.
I appreciate the rules in regards to this. I'm not asking for any information that would give me an unfair advantage over others. I'm just aware of other threads where people have given some pointers. This includes people who have sat similar tests in the past and course staff. You're definitely right to point this out though, so thank you :)
You are asking for information that would give you an unfair advantage, because you are asking for information that is not in the public domain. Courses release the information they want candidates to have, and we do not allow users to solicit or provide additional information, just as we do not allow sharing of interview questions or tasks.

And the threads you refer to have led to similar moderator responses and on occasion warnings for the users involved.

Hey! Sorry about this. You're definitely right. Please forgive me - it's my first year applying and I'm new to the forum so I'm learning the ropes. This is something I definitely should have known!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest