Trent Selection Test

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
MRyan1

Trent Selection Test

Post by MRyan1 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:37 pm

Hello everyone,

I received an invitation yesterday to sit the Trent selection test on the 29th February. Although I am excited I'm quite nervous due to the ambiguity of the information provided. Other universities (such as Salomans/UEL) have given some detail about what is to be expected from their selection tasks, whereas Trent have simply stated that it is a written task.

Does anybody have any further information about the format/areas being tested?

Thanks!

Jadiebeks

Re: Trent Selection Test

Post by Jadiebeks » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:08 pm

Hi MRyan,

I sat the Trent test last year, and have been invited again this year. Well done to you for getting on the test.
I didn't find it too scary, but I struggled to complete it in the time given. I managed to get an interview despite not fully finishing as well as I'd have liked to, though I really had to brush up on my research methods beforehand!

Hope that helps.
Last edited by maven on Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: to remove content breaching forum guidance

ktrammay

Post by ktrammay » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:48 pm

Thanks for your reply Jadiebeks! Well done to both of you being invited!

I’ll be going to the Trent writing task too at Lincoln, having never done this application before I really appreciate the info about what to expect so thankyou.

maven
Site Admin

Post by maven » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:43 pm

If you've been given very little information, then that is the same for all candidates. Asking for (or providing) insider information is against our forum rules. And given that many course staff read our forum, it is quite possible that they will see these attempts to circumvent the fair selection process.
Maven.

Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something - Plato
The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool - Shakespeare

binx

Post by binx » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:34 pm

Hi
I’ve just come across this thread and I know the test is behind us now but I was wondering how everybody found the experience?
I ended up getting very flustered and running out of time! I made silly little mistakes at the end too so I was glad when it was finished... although I definitely could have done with some more time!

I hope you’re all keeping well during this process :mrgreen: :D

Jeopick

Post by Jeopick » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:11 pm

binx wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:34 pm
Hi
I’ve just come across this thread and I know the test is behind us now but I was wondering how everybody found the experience?
I ended up getting very flustered and running out of time! I made silly little mistakes at the end too so I was glad when it was finished... although I definitely could have done with some more time!

I hope you’re all keeping well during this process :mrgreen: :D
I found that it didn't play to my strengths but feel like I did okay. Probably not well enough but certainly not horribly. I found the final question I was rushing through and certainly felt a big pang of anxiety when I saw that others had written a lot more for the first half of the test than I did. That said, I know it's probably based off of quality not quantity - still the anxiety lingers.

I also hope everyone is keeping well :D