2020 Clinical Doctorate Application Progress Thread

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
AmyRebecca

Re: 2020 Clinical Doctorate Application Progress Thread

Post by AmyRebecca » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:45 pm

AmyRebecca wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:06 pm
AmyRebecca wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:50 pm
AmyRebecca wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:17 pm
Second year applying, first year properly (no references completed last year).

Bangor
Bath
Birmingham
Cardiff (didn’t finish the deductive test)

Really was hoping not to take it personally. My aim was a reserve interview so that I at least know I’m heading in the right direction after the journey of gaining experience ..

Good luck everyone :D
And it’s done for another year... struggling to know what to do to improve my chances .

I also received someone else’s rejection from Birmingham as well... so double rejection

JessB0502

Post by JessB0502 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:56 pm

JessB0502 wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:18 am
Second year applying, but the first time I hadn't completed my degree so wasnt holding much hope, just saw it as a practice run!

Staffordshire (sat test)
Birmingham
Oxford
Manchester

Ready for another day of constantly checking my emails!!! Defo found the longer I wait, the more invested I become!

Good luck to all! :)
Staffordshire
Birmingham

Looks like I will be focusing all my energy into Manchester this year, which is very exciting!!

ClearNight

Post by ClearNight » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:09 pm

ClearNight wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:15 am
ClearNight wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:48 pm
2nd time applying.

Exeter (test completed)
Southampton
Salomons
Bangor

Good luck everyone!

CDAPsych

Post by CDAPsych » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:11 pm

CDAPsych wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:43 am
Hello All,

This is my second time applying.

I have a BSc Hons in Psychological Studies (2:1), an MSc in Psychology (Merit), 14 months experience working as a Complex Needs Support Worker and 12 months as an Assistant Psychologist (6 months CMHT & 6 months ABI - still ongoing). I was fortunate enough to have my MSc research project published recently, which was very exciting, albeit a rather arduous process but worth it in the end.

Prior to this I had a reasonably successful career for 15 years in digital advertising.

I have applied to:

Bath
Birmingham

Coventry & Warwick
IoPPN

I wish you all every success and hope to see some of you in September.

God Bless. It is in His hands now.

C.
There is always next year.

Well done to those who have been fortunate enough to get an interview.
Wishing you every success.

To those who haven't, keep trying and hopefully next year will be fruitful.

God bless.

grizzlybear06

Post by grizzlybear06 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:37 pm

grizzlybear06 wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:08 pm
grizzlybear06 wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:14 pm
First time applicant. Waited until I felt ready. Feeling really hopeful but have a comedy movie binge prepared for the fall if no interviews are offered.

Leeds
Manchester
Newcastle
Sheffield
Now Manchester as expected as I found the deductive reasoning test quite hard. Still hoping and trying not to internalise.

I don’t think Leeds or Newcastle will get back until mid to end of next week so will need to distract myself. All suggestions on how I may do this are welcome.
Leeds ...just when I thought it was all over. Getting that email has really lifted me at the end of a very stressful and difficult day. It always sounded corny when people have said it before but I am really excited just to have a chance at it.

Hod8913

Post by Hod8913 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:11 pm

Congrats! When did you hear from Leeds? And has anyone else heard? I'm climbing the walls waiting!

jocat123

Post by jocat123 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:22 pm

One more day and then we will all at least have answers from this part of the process!

grizzlybear06

Post by grizzlybear06 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:29 pm

Hod8913 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:11 pm
Congrats! When did you hear from Leeds? And has anyone else heard? I'm climbing the walls waiting!
I got an email today but clearing house hasn’t updated. I know others who haven’t heard yet (hope my interview isn’t some weird mistake!). Good luck :)

rachelizad

Post by rachelizad » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:34 pm

This is my second year applying, I’ve been looking on here for several years though haven’t posted yet.

2018/19 -
Leeds
Sheffield
Birmingham
Teeside

2019/20 -
Sheffield
Trent - sat the selection test and completely flopped
Leeds - so happy!
Newcastle - still waiting to hear

I have a BSc Psychology (1st Class) and did a placement year during my undergraduate as an honorary AP in a paediatric neuropsychology service. Since graduating I’ve done support work in brain injury rehab and challenging behaviour, was an AP in the same place for a year (this is all I had when I applied last year). This year I’ve gone back to university to do my MSc in Clinical Applications of Psychology and currently work part time as an AP in Acute neuro rehab. Very happy to even have one interview as I thought that my experience was too narrow and was pretty sure I was going to get all rejections. Now just to get over the nerves and prep as much as I can :bounce:

amylcw

Post by amylcw » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:38 am

amylcw wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:34 pm
amylcw wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:42 pm
4th time applying

2017 - no interviews - Applied IoPPN, UCL, UEL, Essex

2018 - Interviewed at Salomons - Applied UEL, Hertfordshire, Salomons, IoPPN

2019 - interviewed at Salomons - Applied UEL, Hertfordshire, Salomons, UCL

This year:
Hertfordshire
Surrey
Salomons
UEL
Didn't get an email from Herts, but the clearing house has updated. Fingers crossed for UEL but not holding out much hope. I've decided this year will be my last year applying - it's so much effort and such a long, disheartening process, and I don't want to put myself through it again.

Chin up to all the others receiving bad news, it's never easy, but it's absolutely not a reflection on you :)
Final rejection in from UEL. I'm on to (hopefully) greener pastures, but good luck to you all, this is a difficult process and you're all amazing. Look after yourselves!!

Sebfrancis2

Post by Sebfrancis2 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:53 am

Well, back to back years of 4 rejections doesn't feel too great I'll be honest...

Just need to reassess, find out/think about what my form needs and what would make me a better candidate - then spend the next year trying to do that!

Massive congratulations to every one that got an interview or got onto a reserve list. And well done to everyone like me that's still no doubt a great candidate but didn't get the rub of the green this year - we've all gone through a very stressful time and are out the other side now. All we can do is regroup and go again next time! Don't forget, all the work we are putting in to achieve a place is still incredibly valuable and we are all still making a difference - even if we don't have "Dr" in front of our names :D

OverApps

Post by OverApps » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:28 pm

OverApps wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:09 pm
Long time lurker first time poster. First year applying.

Newcastle
Edinburgh (sat tests)
Trent (invited to tests)
Bangor

Best of luck all - bring it on.
Newcastle
Edinburgh (sat tests)
Trent (invited to tests)
Bangor

Not too surprised re: Newcastle. Now just to wait for Edinburgh! Best of luck to everyone - I am fortunate to have had some interviews and luck with educational psychology doctorates this year so I don't feel as much pressure as I did a few months ago, but thinking of everyone and hope everyone is being kind to yourselves. We're all flipping great lads.

Samwal92

Post by Samwal92 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:54 pm

Cant find my previous post .. 1st time applicant

Manchester
Lancaster
Newcastle
Liverpool

Got to admit found the process and waiting brutal and anxiety provoking as well as depressing. Understand why feedback isn't given but it would be so useful

Mephistofela

Post by Mephistofela » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:57 pm

Mephistofela wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:31 pm
Mephistofela wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:54 pm
Mephistofela wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:34 pm
Second time applying, no interviews last time.

UEA
Exeter (did tests)
Plymouth (did tests)
Oxford
Update:

UEA
Exeter
Plymouth
Oxford
WOO!

Orenishii

Post by Orenishii » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:31 pm

Orenishii wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:55 pm
Orenishii wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:33 pm
Orenishii wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:58 am
This is my first time applying to the doctorate :)

UEA
UEL (Sat test)
Liverpool
Manchester (Sat test)

I've promised myself a spa day after this process regardless of whether I get a place or not. Make sure to look after yourselves during and after this roller coaster. Good luck everyone :)
Just heard back from Manchester - it's a no. Feeling relatively okay as I found the deductive reasoning test difficult and Manchester was my lowest ranked preference out of the 4 anyway. Hope everyone who has received a rejection is doing alright. Remember, a rejection isn't a reflection of who you are as a person no matter how tempting it is to internalise this :)
It's a no from Liverpool. I'm really feeling this one as I like the course ethos and it would have been great to have gotten a shot at interview but obviously it wasn't meant to be. Still waiting to hear back from UEL.
That's a wrap. Over the moon to be invited to interview at UEL and glad that the waiting is finally over. Congratulations to everyone who has got an interview. Thinking about those of us who got 4 rejections. That's tough, take the time you need to process this and persevere if it's what you want to do.