2020 Clinical Doctorate Application Progress Thread

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
ketchup1993

Re: 2020 Clinical Doctorate Application Progress Thread

Post by ketchup1993 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:48 pm

ketchup1993 wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:11 pm
Second time applying this year, last year was a trial run. I have found the whole process exhausting so far, but so pleased with how I have gotten on, just the anxiety building for interview now!

Staffordshire
Bangor
Birmingham

Bangor
Liverpool

Staffordshire
Manchester

Reserve for Manchester, still so much uncertainty, I don't know how to feel!

Good luck everyone!

Bell

Post by Bell » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:50 pm

Bangor (First Reserve)
Manchester (Unsure of Place)
Lancaster (Sat Test)
Staffordshire(Sat Test)

Trying to practice acceptance and letting things go as there isn't anything I can do now, but wait. However, I also just want some certainty in a very uncertain time.

Good luck to everyone!

ketchup1993

Post by ketchup1993 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:59 pm

Bell wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:50 pm
Bangor (First Reserve)
Manchester (Unsure of Place)
Lancaster (Sat Test)
Staffordshire(Sat Test)

Trying to practice acceptance and letting things go as there isn't anything I can do now, but wait. However, I also just want some certainty in a very uncertain time.

Good luck to everyone!

Well done on the reserve places! I just wish Manchester would tell us what the reserve place was, the wait is going to be brutal. Lots of mindfulness for me, and the acceptance that if it's not this year, I'll try again in the autumn.

Aanneett

Post by Aanneett » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:59 pm

Oxford
King's College London

Manchester - > Manchester

Exeter

They don't tell us which place on the waiting list and it seems that a lot of people got a place on the reserve list.. Not feeling great about it.

Andreas10

Post by Andreas10 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:30 pm

Andreas10 wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:18 pm
Andreas10 wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:15 pm
Hello everyone. First time applying for me!

Progress so far:

UEA ---> interview attended
Edinburgh
Glasgow
Newcastle ---> Newcastle

zolawr

Post by zolawr » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:38 pm

zolawr wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:21 pm
zolawr wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:03 am
Newbie here, first time applying 😊 I have been thinking about it for a while, this year felt like the right time to give it a go. I'm a 1 year QPWP, some previous AP experience.

Bangor
Lancaster (sat test)
Manchester
Liverpool

Found the deductive test really difficult! 😅

Good luck everyone 🤞🏻🍀
So rejections except for Manchester! Super excited. I wasn't expecting it so I'm really happy. Interview has changed to 15 mins and 1 question over video call, pressure is on! Hope everyone is doing ok amid the coronavirus... I'm certainly feeling strange self isolating! Lots of uncertainty and anxiety for sure.
Best of luck with interviews!
Had my interview for Manchester. I'm usually ok in interviews but I guess because this felt like my most important interview to date, nerves got the better of me; especially when I didn't have interviews for anywhere else. Some things came out of my mouth and I was like what, why did I say that?? after the interview! Shocking! I also missed some things and remembered straight after the interview what I wanted to say. Really frustrating. Anyway.... reserve list it is. As others have mentioned I also really wish they gave us what number we are and some feedback. I think it would make a huge difference to how we were all feeling if we knew if we were top or end of the list; to stay hopeful and plan or accept and move on rather than the complete unknown! Some feedback too for next time. On a positive not, it's a good job Headspace are giving NHS free access to their meditations, I'm, going to need them haha! Im going to plan 1 meditation a day to help with the uncertainty r.e covid and the doctorate.
Good luck everyone x

lozzyhickers

Post by lozzyhickers » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:42 am

6th application-had 4 interviews before this year and one reserve for a place

UEA
UCL
Essex
IoPPN

I'm so happy as I've interviewed at UEA three times in a row now, and this is the first reserve I've got from them. It's my dream (and home!) course, and I'm running out of steam. So really hope I'm high up on that list...Anyone know how long it usually is? They won't tell us our place.

Orenishii

Post by Orenishii » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:50 pm

Orenishii wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:55 pm
Orenishii wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:33 pm
Orenishii wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:58 am
This is my first time applying to the doctorate :)

UEA
UEL (Sat test)
Liverpool
Manchester (Sat test)

I've promised myself a spa day after this process regardless of whether I get a place or not. Make sure to look after yourselves during and after this roller coaster. Good luck everyone :)
Just heard back from Manchester - it's a no. Feeling relatively okay as I found the deductive reasoning test difficult and Manchester was my lowest ranked preference out of the 4 anyway. Hope everyone who has received a rejection is doing alright. Remember, a rejection isn't a reflection of who you are as a person no matter how tempting it is to internalise this :)
It's a no from Liverpool. I'm really feeling this one as I like the course ethos and it would have been great to have gotten a shot at interview but obviously it wasn't meant to be. Still waiting to hear back from UEL.
Found out today that I have been offered a place at UEA. I'm absolutely over the moon after what felt like an eternity waiting for the outcome! I was really impressed by how the UEA team adapted the interview process amid COVID-19. I've decided to still go for my UEL interview in April. No sign of a spa day anytime soon though...

smithem

Post by smithem » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:29 pm

Thought I’d post rather than just hiding in the background! This was my second time applying.

First year 2019
Manchester - reserve but didn’t know where I placed!
Liverpool
Leeds
Leicester - no following interview

This year 2020
Leeds - I have withdrew from Leeds reserve list.
Liverpool
Manchester
Lancaster

So happy with Manchester!! Good luck to everyone !!! Sending good positive vibes in this uncertain time!
Last edited by smithem on Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mephistofela

Post by Mephistofela » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:22 pm

Mephistofela wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:57 pm
Mephistofela wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:31 pm
Mephistofela wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:54 pm

Update:

UEA
Exeter
Plymouth
Oxford
WOO!
I received an offer from UEA this morning, I am super happy about it! Good luck everyone

tigerlily1

Post by tigerlily1 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:03 pm

UCL
IOPPN
UEA
Royal Holloway

Very excited to be starting at UEA, third time lucky! I've made a facebook group for anyone who'd like to connect with others who have accepted their place: UEA Clinical Psychology 2020 Intake.

Jeopick

Post by Jeopick » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:32 pm

UCL (7th place)
Essex
Trent
Edinburgh

Just heard back from Essex. I'm so excited! :D
Good luck to those with upcoming interviews and my best wishes to those who weren't so lucky to get an opportunity this year. If you're up for it, keep up your hard work and momentum. I nearly dropped out of the process after not being offered a single interview last year, I'm glad I stuck with it.

Thank you all for your posts on here, it's really been helpful.

mnic

Post by mnic » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:33 pm

mnic wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:20 pm
mnic wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:13 pm
First time applying. I'm an AP but not a huge amount of clinical experience compared to others!

Teesside
Oxford
Newcastle
Edinburgh
finally heard from Edinburgh!
Teesside
Oxford
Newcastle
Edinburgh

So so happy and excited to start!

Going to have a think about whether or not I still want to put myself through an interview at Edinburgh.

Til93

Post by Til93 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:15 pm

Salomons
UCL
Surrey
Essex

Second time applying! So happy :D I don’t think it’s fully set in yet. Last year I got 2 rejections and was on reserve list for 2 interviews. I learnt so much from my last application and managed to changed my approach/mind frame for this year which really helped. Good luck everyone!

Aanneett

Post by Aanneett » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:53 pm

Aanneett wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:59 pm
Oxford
King's College London

Manchester - > Manchester

Exeter - > EXETER

They don't tell us which place on the waiting list and it seems that a lot of people got a place on the reserve list.. Not feeling great about it.
Just got my offer from Exeter and I cannot believe it. I felt that the interview went much worse than Manchester.... I also had a relatively easy journey as this was my first year of applying. So happy, excited and scared as September will bring a lot of life changes!!