2020 Clinical Doctorate Application Progress Thread

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
vauz

Re: 2020 Clinical Doctorate Application Progress Thread

Post by vauz » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:52 pm

blaman444 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:16 pm
dancingqueen15 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:38 pm
blaman444 wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:51 pm
Hi everyone, I hope the process has treated you well so far. Does anyone have an idea when Salomon's will be getting back to us post interviews?
I got told that they are making decisions by the end of this week/early next week and hope to let us know next week by email providing that none had to be rescheduled due to technology issues.. not holding out much hope but would be great to be put out of my misery sooner rather than later :lol:
Thanks for this post. Super useful. Me neither, but j guess you never know right?
Just connected with Salomons. Seems as though there is no exact date to receive information and that there have been delays. The wait continues!

blaman444

Post by blaman444 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:56 pm

Thanks for the new update! It's such a tough wait. I hope we hear back soon.

blaman444

Post by blaman444 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:06 pm

Has anyone received an update from Herts in regards to interviews? I received an email a few weeks ago stating the interviews will go ahead, whether online or face to face, but I haven't received any correspondence since.

CatJG

Post by CatJG » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:33 pm

blaman444 wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:06 pm
Has anyone received an update from Herts in regards to interviews? I received an email a few weeks ago stating the interviews will go ahead, whether online or face to face, but I haven't received any correspondence since.
My friend had the same problem and said they sent an email a couple of weeks ago asking you to confirm attendance by a certain date which went to her junk folder. May be worth checking! I hope it’s all okay :)

mangosaurus

Post by mangosaurus » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:02 pm

mangosaurus wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:32 pm
mangosaurus wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:33 pm
IOPPN
RHUL
Surrey

Salomons

Bath
Salomons
Surrey ------> SURREY!
UCL

AS IF!!!

Wishing everyone the best of luck :D
And all the results are in. Feeling very grateful to have made it even this far - and aware of how much work there is to be done before interviews!
It's safe to say, I'm still in shock!

blaman444

Post by blaman444 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:46 pm

I just received an email with full details of Herts interview. Hopefully everyone else has received it.

ahebw2

Post by ahebw2 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:52 pm

After predominantly lurking on ClinPsy for the past 2-3 years, I thought I'd post my outcomes for the past three years. I've always found posts like these quite helpful - it's nice to see that often there are many rejections before a successful place!

2018:
UEA
Surrey

Edinburgh
Bath

2019:
Surrey
Salomons
Royal Holloway
Bath

2020:
Oxford
Surrey
Exeter
UCL

Still deciding between Surrey and Exeter, but Exeter is looking more likely.

Good luck everyone!

clairef

Post by clairef » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:54 pm

Just read the interview details from Herts.

Is anyone else upset that people have been cheating their way through interviews due to the nature of them being online? Of course it's tempting- we are all human - but it feels so immoral and now I wonder how I'd be able to relate to a potential cohort who entered training because someone helped them get through the interview...( if I pass an interview this year..)

BeKind

Post by BeKind » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:40 pm

clairef wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:54 pm
Just read the interview details from Herts.

Is anyone else upset that people have been cheating their way through interviews due to the nature of them being online? Of course it's tempting- we are all human - but it feels so immoral and now I wonder how I'd be able to relate to a potential cohort who entered training because someone helped them get through the interview...( if I pass an interview this year..)
I am on reserve for interview at Herts... how are people cheating exactly and how do you know this?

clairef

Post by clairef » Fri May 01, 2020 8:40 am

Herts wrote to interviewees - "Unfortunately, we have heard from other programmes that a minority of candidates seem to have used techniques to give themselves more advantage because the interviews were conducted remotely."
We now need to show photographic ID at the start of the interview - it makes me sick to think that people could've had their supervisor/trainee friend or whoever get interviewed on their behalf! We also need to scan the room with our cameras to make sure nothing incriminating is in our room.

benbrand

Post by benbrand » Fri May 01, 2020 9:08 am

Agreed - it is sad to consider that this is something a small minority will do.

Two thoughts: It provides some comfort knowing that the profession naturally edges these sorts of people out, I suppose. And, yes, perhaps they have taken a spot from someone that gave an honest interview. However, I will say that the interview panel are very likely to be able to distinguish someone that is giving a genuine interview vs someone that is reading from notes/having someone assist them during the interview. The latter would likely be a very clunky interview which didn't flow particularly well.

I wasn't going to post this year, but I wanted to reply to the above and stay on topic!

Edinburgh
Glasgow (completed interview)
IOP
RHUL

dancingqueen15

Post by dancingqueen15 » Fri May 01, 2020 9:42 am

clairef wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 8:40 am
Herts wrote to interviewees - "Unfortunately, we have heard from other programmes that a minority of candidates seem to have used techniques to give themselves more advantage because the interviews were conducted remotely."
We now need to show photographic ID at the start of the interview - it makes me sick to think that people could've had their supervisor/trainee friend or whoever get interviewed on their behalf! We also need to scan the room with our cameras to make sure nothing incriminating is in our room.
Wow! This is truly sad to read.. I can’t believe people would do this and glad that they have been caught :(

RJParker

Post by RJParker » Fri May 01, 2020 10:02 am

I'm surprised that they weren't already doing photo ID checks.

miriam
Site Admin

Post by miriam » Fri May 01, 2020 2:32 pm

Attempting to cheat and "cheating their way through" are different things, let alone "a potential cohort who entered training because someone helped them". I'd caution against extrapolating from one course saying they have change protocol to prevent cheating because of reports it has been attempted to considering this to be widespread, let alone tarnishing the reputations of the incoming cohort with this supposition.

But yeah, photo ID checks are used with all kinds of things from driving tests and speed workshops to job interviews routinely. It seems a sensible step to take, rather than something reactive to wide-scale attempts to defraud. And I'm not sure who could be in a room with an applicant during lockdown that would be useful, whilst I'd agree that referencing someone else or Googling or using notes should be obvious to an interviewer.

I would think that this is no more common than fake references, and incredibly rarely (if ever) leads to a successful outcome.
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com

Esuma

Post by Esuma » Fri May 01, 2020 8:33 pm

Esuma wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:59 pm
Esuma wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:32 pm
Esuma wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:04 pm
Third year applying for me, this year to:

Surrey
Oxford
Southampton
Royal Holloway
Well that’s that. Not sure I’m putting myself through this process again. We’ll see!
Hmm I guess I should say it turned out I was on the reserve list for Surrey and got an interview in the end!

Congratulations to all those with offers!
Gutted