2020 Clinical Doctorate Application Progress Thread

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Post Reply
Mephistofela
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu May 16, 2019 10:48 am

Re: 2020 Clinical Doctorate Application Progress Thread

Post by Mephistofela » Wed May 06, 2020 1:29 pm

UEA
Exeter
Plymouth (7th reserve)
Oxford

Final update from me! I accepted the place at UEA, I am so happy about how things turned out. :alien:

Danni8
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:32 pm

Re: 2020 Clinical Doctorate Application Progress Thread

Post by Danni8 » Wed May 06, 2020 6:02 pm

Danni8 wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:19 pm
Thought it was about time I posted here rather than just following everyone else's posts. First time applying for the doctorate for me this year, after being qualified as a PWP for almost 2 years and working part time as an assistant psychologist and part time as a PWP for 9 months.

Teeside
Sheffield

Manchester —> Manchester
Newcastle

So excited to have an offer from Manchester and still waiting on news from Newcastle. I've always known how competitive the process is with so many amazing people applying so went into this with no expectations but can't wait to get started now! :)

Teeside
Sheffield

Manchester —> Manchester
Newcastle —> Newcastle

I’m delayed in updating this but I’ve now accepted Newcastle which I’m so excited about. This is my local University and also the course which I felt most aligned to so I am beyond happy with the outcome ❤️
Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!

zolawr
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:23 pm

Re: 2020 Clinical Doctorate Application Progress Thread

Post by zolawr » Thu May 07, 2020 7:26 am

Danni8 wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 6:02 pm
Danni8 wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:19 pm
Thought it was about time I posted here rather than just following everyone else's posts. First time applying for the doctorate for me this year, after being qualified as a PWP for almost 2 years and working part time as an assistant psychologist and part time as a PWP for 9 months.

Teeside
Sheffield

Manchester —> Manchester
Newcastle

So excited to have an offer from Manchester and still waiting on news from Newcastle. I've always known how competitive the process is with so many amazing people applying so went into this with no expectations but can't wait to get started now! :)

Teeside
Sheffield

Manchester —> Manchester
Newcastle —> Newcastle

I’m delayed in updating this but I’ve now accepted Newcastle which I’m so excited about. This is my local University and also the course which I felt most aligned to so I am beyond happy with the outcome ❤️
Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!

Huge congratulations on getting offered 2 positions that is absolutely amazing!!! Wow!! I'm on the Manchester reserve list, it would be the dream if I heard back from them but they don't tell you what number you are so still lots of uncertainty my end, but at least it's moving 😁 All the best with your course 😊

quald
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:43 pm

Re: 2020 Clinical Doctorate Application Progress Thread

Post by quald » Fri May 08, 2020 7:55 am

BeKind wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 9:06 pm
Have people started hearing back from any of the London based courses yet? Haven’t seen much on here from any of these yet?
UCL decision day was 7th of May, but they said they will let candidates know by 11th of May. Has anybody heard back from them? Anxiety is kicking! I am refreshing my emails since yesterday... ugh!

benbrand
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:57 am

Re: 2020 Clinical Doctorate Application Progress Thread

Post by benbrand » Fri May 08, 2020 9:39 am

quald wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 7:55 am
BeKind wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 9:06 pm
Have people started hearing back from any of the London based courses yet? Haven’t seen much on here from any of these yet?
UCL decision day was 7th of May, but they said they will let candidates know by 11th of May. Has anybody heard back from them? Anxiety is kicking! I am refreshing my emails since yesterday... ugh!
If it helps, I work at UCL (unrelated to the DClinPsy program). You won't hear anything until at least Monday as we are all off today for Mayday.

veritylm
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed May 08, 2019 7:52 am

Re: 2020 Clinical Doctorate Application Progress Thread

Post by veritylm » Fri May 08, 2020 10:27 am

benbrand wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 9:39 am
quald wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 7:55 am
BeKind wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 9:06 pm
Have people started hearing back from any of the London based courses yet? Haven’t seen much on here from any of these yet?
UCL decision day was 7th of May, but they said they will let candidates know by 11th of May. Has anybody heard back from them? Anxiety is kicking! I am refreshing my emails since yesterday... ugh!
If it helps, I work at UCL (unrelated to the DClinPsy program). You won't hear anything until at least Monday as we are all off today for Mayday.
Oh I had thought it was by Monday (as in before Monday). When inviting to interview, UCL often sends emails on Saturdays or Sundays, and sometimes at 6am so I'd assumed they were automated?

quald
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:43 pm

Re: 2020 Clinical Doctorate Application Progress Thread

Post by quald » Fri May 08, 2020 12:10 pm

veritylm wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 10:27 am
benbrand wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 9:39 am
quald wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 7:55 am


UCL decision day was 7th of May, but they said they will let candidates know by 11th of May. Has anybody heard back from them? Anxiety is kicking! I am refreshing my emails since yesterday... ugh!
If it helps, I work at UCL (unrelated to the DClinPsy program). You won't hear anything until at least Monday as we are all off today for Mayday.
Oh I had thought it was by Monday (as in before Monday). When inviting to interview, UCL often sends emails on Saturdays or Sundays, and sometimes at 6am so I'd assumed they were automated?
Ha! Probably they will send the rejections first and then contact the candidates who have been offered a place/reserved? Not that I did greatly in the interview, but I need the answer to calm my anxieties even if it's negative. Such a draining process.

User avatar
Geishawife
Team Member
Posts: 858
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:10 pm

Re: 2020 Clinical Doctorate Application Progress Thread

Post by Geishawife » Sat May 09, 2020 1:21 pm

quald wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 12:10 pm
veritylm wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 10:27 am
benbrand wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 9:39 am


If it helps, I work at UCL (unrelated to the DClinPsy program). You won't hear anything until at least Monday as we are all off today for Mayday.
Oh I had thought it was by Monday (as in before Monday). When inviting to interview, UCL often sends emails on Saturdays or Sundays, and sometimes at 6am so I'd assumed they were automated?
Ha! Probably they will send the rejections first and then contact the candidates who have been offered a place/reserved? Not that I did greatly in the interview, but I need the answer to calm my anxieties even if it's negative. Such a draining process.
No, that's not always how it works. Courses respond differently, some let the successful people know first, some inform everyone at the same time. Don't let the time elapsed make you assume anything, one way or the other.

amroth20
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:12 pm

Re: 2020 Clinical Doctorate Application Progress Thread

Post by amroth20 » Mon May 11, 2020 10:42 am

I've seen on Twitter that UCL decisions are out.... good luck people!

Kao
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:07 pm

Re: 2020 Clinical Doctorate Application Progress Thread

Post by Kao » Mon May 11, 2020 11:36 am

Kao wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:08 am
2nd year applying.
1st year I applied I had just about had 1 year experience as a HCA (and some voluntary work/a placement). Since, I have been an Assistant Psychology for 10 months and then a trainee PWP for 8 months.

1st year - 4 rejections.

This year:
Surrey
UCL
KCL
UEL

So pleased, trying to make sure I view this year as a win, despite the outcome. I have done my zoom interview for Surrey and feel I gave it a good shot. Best of luck to others with interviews soon! You can do it!!
Latest update:

Surrey - 1st reserve
UCL - 5th reserve

So pleased with the outcome this year. Although I am also wishing the process could be over so I can relax! Good luck everyone.

blaman444
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:21 pm

Re: 2020 Clinical Doctorate Application Progress Thread

Post by blaman444 » Mon May 11, 2020 11:46 am

First time applicant

Coventry&Warwick
Hertfordshire
Salomons (34th reserve)
Staffordshire (sat screening)

Well... Feeling both dissapointed and proud.
Last edited by blaman444 on Mon May 11, 2020 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

quald
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:43 pm

Re: 2020 Clinical Doctorate Application Progress Thread

Post by quald » Mon May 11, 2020 11:54 am

blaman444 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 11:46 am
First time applicant

Coventry&Warwick
Hertfordshire
Salomons (34th reserve)
Staffordshire (sat screening)

Well... Feeling both dissapointed and proud.
I feel ya!

1st time around as well, one interview with UCL but not a successful one! Good luck everyone, I'll come back next year for the big thread 2021.

emmacj
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:57 am

Re: 2020 Clinical Doctorate Application Progress Thread

Post by emmacj » Mon May 11, 2020 11:57 am

blaman444 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 11:46 am
First time applicant

Coventry&Warwick
Hertfordshire
Salomons (34th reserve)
Staffordshire (sat screening)

Well... Feeling both dissapointed and proud.
How do you know your place on the reserve list? My letter from Salomons just said I was a reserve!

emmacj
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:57 am

Re: 2020 Clinical Doctorate Application Progress Thread

Post by emmacj » Mon May 11, 2020 12:02 pm

First time applying aged 30 after a previous career and a conversion MSc...


Final results for me...

Surrey
(sat test and interviewed)
Salomons (sat test and interviewed)
UCL
Kings IOPPN


I expected my Surrey rejection - I was SO anxious during the interview (my first one!) everything I wanted to say vanished and I just didn't feel like I presented myself to the best of my abilities at all.

Pleased to be a reserve at Salomons. Don't know how far down the list I am (probably don't want to know but if there is a way to find out I know I will) and not looking forward to another month of waiting but at least I can still have some hope!

blaman444
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:21 pm

Re: 2020 Clinical Doctorate Application Progress Thread

Post by blaman444 » Mon May 11, 2020 12:04 pm

emmacj wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 11:57 am
blaman444 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 11:46 am
First time applicant

Coventry&Warwick
Hertfordshire
Salomons (34th reserve)
Staffordshire (sat screening)

Well... Feeling both dissapointed and proud.
How do you know your place on the reserve list? My letter from Salomons just said I was a reserve!
Hey! Massive congratulations for being offered a reserve place. It says in my letter "you are our 34th reserve". Might be worth emailing them.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest