2020 Clinical Doctorate Application Progress Thread

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
willcp

Re: 2020 Clinical Doctorate Application Progress Thread

Post by willcp » Mon May 11, 2020 5:34 pm

katnisspsych wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 5:20 pm
Hi there! I've been a quiet observer as I seem to be the only international applicant here. Wondering if any international applicant here has heard back from UCL... I'm hoping that no news is good news for now, as it seems like UCL has already sent out acceptance letters as of today. For UK/EU UCL applicants - have they sent out rejections as well? My anxiety is over the roof and I feel like I'm going through anticipatory grief...

Anyway, congratulations to everyone who received offers this year! Those who were not so successful this year, do take time to breathe, decompress and take good care of yourself; it is truly a test of resilience and a gruelling journey x
Hey another international applicant here! Rest assured that I haven’t heard back either. I guess they just have a different timeline for us. Best of luck!

Sj8

Post by Sj8 » Mon May 11, 2020 7:05 pm

Hey! International student here.. haven’t heard from UCL yet! Best of luck 😊

alysehy

Post by alysehy » Tue May 12, 2020 2:14 am

International student here! Haven't heard back from ucl either. Wonder if they would send out rejection letters to unsuccessful applications? Best of luck everyone! 😊😊

katnisspsych

Post by katnisspsych » Tue May 12, 2020 10:06 am

Hi all, thought to just share that I've just heard back from UCL and I'm not successful in my application this year. I'm disappointed for sure, but it is my first time applying, and I've surely learnt a lot from this experience. Wishing you all the best and do feel free to connect :)

Orenishii

Post by Orenishii » Tue May 12, 2020 1:35 pm

Orenishii wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:50 pm
Orenishii wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:55 pm
Orenishii wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:33 pm

UEA
UEL (Sat test) ---> Accepted place
Liverpool
Manchester (Sat test)

I've promised myself a spa day after this process regardless of whether I get a place or not. Make sure to look after yourselves during and after this roller coaster. Good luck everyone :)
Found out today that I have been offered a place at UEA. I'm absolutely over the moon after what felt like an eternity waiting for the outcome! I was really impressed by how the UEA team adapted the interview process amid COVID-19. I've decided to still go for my UEL interview in April. No sign of a spa day anytime soon though...
I couldn't quite believe it when I was offered a place on the UEL doctorate. I decided to accept my place at UEL but I am forever grateful to UEA for offering me a place first, I'll never forget that moment. It's nice to know that someone else will benefit from this too. Well done to everyone who has been offered a place and for those who missed out this year, please don't give up if it is what you want to do. I still haven't forgotten my original promise of treating myself to a spa day...fingers crossed it'll be soon! :D

ly12

Post by ly12 » Tue May 12, 2020 6:42 pm

UCL
Southampton :D
Edinburgh
Surrey

Third year applying and first interview- so shocked and extremely happy to be offered a place at Southampton! :)

Best of luck to anyone still waiting for decisions/interviewing :)

Smallblonde02

Post by Smallblonde02 » Wed May 13, 2020 9:41 am

Smallblonde02 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:12 pm
Bit late to the party but here is my progress this year, third year applying:

Royal Holloway
Essex
Surrey
Salomons

Well done to all those that have been offered places this year and good luck to all that still have interviews to go :D
Well the results are now in and it's another unsuccessful year - feeling truly heartbroken and gutted with no idea where to go next, but certainly not going through this process for a 4th time!

Well done to everyone receiving offers :) and sending hugs and compassion to all those who haven't been fortunate this year.

quald

Post by quald » Wed May 13, 2020 12:29 pm

katnisspsych wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 10:06 am
Hi all, thought to just share that I've just heard back from UCL and I'm not successful in my application this year. I'm disappointed for sure, but it is my first time applying, and I've surely learnt a lot from this experience. Wishing you all the best and do feel free to connect :)
I am on the same boat with you! I am trying to keep in mind we were on top of their applicants, even if we didn't make it to the course and that's a huge success on its own. Have you heard anything on your feedback? Still waiting to hear from the panel. :roll:

benbrand

Post by benbrand » Wed May 13, 2020 3:03 pm

quald wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 12:29 pm
katnisspsych wrote:
I am on the same boat with you! I am trying to keep in mind we were on top of their applicants, even if we didn't make it to the course and that's a huge success on its own. Have you heard anything on your feedback? Still waiting to hear from the panel. :roll:
Well, given the current situation, and that most of the interviewers reviewing your applications will hold a clinical caseload as well as many other responsibilities, I don't think this will be an immediate priority. Also, it's only a couple of days since answers were sent out...Last year many courses did not provide feedback until the date for final decisions had passed.

I too find myself frustrated at the process, but I think it's important to recognise the amount of work that goes into this process on the other end.

Kao

Post by Kao » Wed May 13, 2020 4:15 pm

benbrand wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 3:03 pm
quald wrote:
katnisspsych wrote:
Well, given the current situation, and that most of the interviewers reviewing your applications will hold a clinical caseload as well as many other responsibilities, I don't think this will be an immediate priority. Also, it's only a couple of days since answers were sent out...Last year many courses did not provide feedback until the date for final decisions had passed.

I too find myself frustrated at the process, but I think it's important to recognise the amount of work that goes into this process on the other end.
Hi all - I emailed my UCL interviewer and spoke to her on the phone yesterday. I think it just depends on the persons availability and as it says above - they be managing a carload / perhaps on leave etc.

Kao

Post by Kao » Wed May 13, 2020 8:17 pm

Kao wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 11:36 am
Kao wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:08 am
2nd year applying.
1st year I applied I had just about had 1 year experience as a HCA (and some voluntary work/a placement). Since, I have been an Assistant Psychology for 10 months and then a trainee PWP for 8 months.

1st year - 4 rejections.

This year:
Surrey
UCL
KCL
UEL

So pleased, trying to make sure I view this year as a win, despite the outcome. I have done my zoom interview for Surrey and feel I gave it a good shot. Best of luck to others with interviews soon! You can do it!!
Latest update:

Surrey - 1st reserve
UCL - 5th reserve

So pleased with the outcome this year. Although I am also wishing the process could be over so I can relax! Good luck everyone.
Another update: 13/05

Surrey ---> Surrey!
UCL 5th reserve

So pleased to have an offer from Surrey. For info I have had 2 people tell me they've declined a Surrey place so reserve 1 (me) and reserve 2 have probably been contacted so reserve 3 will be next.

If i hear from UCL (not sure how likely that is) then I may take UCL over Surrey but I'll have to wait and see.

Good luck to everyone!

katnisspsych

Post by katnisspsych » Thu May 14, 2020 5:29 am

Kao wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 4:15 pm
benbrand wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 3:03 pm
quald wrote:

Hi all - I emailed my UCL interviewer and spoke to her on the phone yesterday. I think it just depends on the persons availability and as it says above - they be managing a carload / perhaps on leave etc.
Hey! I'm sorry to hear that you guys also did not receive the outcome you were hoping for. I've reached out to the chair of my panel via email and he has responded since. Despite the disappointment, Im really grateful to have had this interview opportunity and I appreciate that UCL offers detailed feedback so I'm not left hanging! Take care, everyone. Am here with you and you can feel free to reach out if you need support.

AnonymousPerson

Post by AnonymousPerson » Fri May 15, 2020 5:38 pm

Hello,

Did anyone not hear back from King's? They tweeted to say they will respond today but I haven't heard back.

Thanks.

HLTC

Post by HLTC » Fri May 15, 2020 7:50 pm

AnonymousPerson wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 5:38 pm
Hello,

Did anyone not hear back from King's? They tweeted to say they will respond today but I haven't heard back.

Thanks.
Hi,

They told me at the interview they would contact me on Monday but actually rang today at 5.15pm. Good luck!

jels256

Post by jels256 » Sat May 16, 2020 3:28 pm

2019 - 2 interviews, but no luck
UCL
IOPPN

Royal Holloway
University of Hertfordshire

2020 - 4 interviews, accepted UCL!
UCL --> UCL!!!!!! eeeek
IOPPN
Royal holloway
Surrey

Eeeeeek so happy and over the moon - feels so surreal AND makes all the rejections last year worth it. I used the feedback I got last year and worked on it all year to get to this place. Don't give up, but most importantly, always be kind to yourself.