2020 Clinical Doctorate Application Progress Thread

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
qqpeow

Re: 2020 Clinical Doctorate Application Progress Thread

Post by qqpeow » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:08 am

Birmingham
South Wales
Manchester
UCL
--> UCL!

Third application, and I'd been feeling increasingly bitter this year. I still don't quite believe it, but no "oops, sorry that was a mistake" email has come through so it looks like it's actually come true for me!

SLPsy

Post by SLPsy » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:28 pm

lozzyhickers wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:05 pm
I can't quite believe i'm saying this...after my 7th application and three reserves for places, and when I was sooo close to giving up.

IOPPN----> IOPPN
UEA
UCL (started 11th reserve) ---> UCL
Essex

Over the past few weeks i've been applying to 'plan B's' and it's finally happened. It's so tempting to just give up sometimes, but perseverance certainly paid off!
Congratulations on getting a place at IoPPN. Can I just asked whether you were offered a place with spaces from additional funding for this year? I was told that they had filled all their places as everyone who was initially offered a place accepted.

lozzyhickers

Post by lozzyhickers » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:53 pm

SLPsy wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:28 pm
Congratulations on getting a place at IoPPN. Can I just asked whether you were offered a place with spaces from additional funding for this year? I was told that they had filled all their places as everyone who was initially offered a place accepted.
Thank you! Yes it was an extra place. I got an email from them a week or so back to say that the list had been reopened because of the hope for more funding.

sarona

Post by sarona » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:26 pm

First application, feeling very lucky and excited to be offered a place!

Surrey
RHUL--> RHUL
UCL--> UCL (accepted)
UEL

I hope someone has received some good news from RHUL this week!