Video Interviews

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Blossom

Re: Video Interviews

Post by Blossom » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:55 pm

Aanneett wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:18 pm
Blossom wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:38 pm
Aanneett wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:24 pm

Oh that's sounds great, well done! Are you able to decide once you hear from the Doctorate or do you need to accept now? It's such a tough decision, but it's better than not having a decision to make :)

Yes, I've got an interview with Manchester. They have announced that the interview is only 15 minutes and only one questions, therefore I am not sure what to expect or what to prepare so I've decided to prioritise self care instead.
Thank you
I love the fact that self care is being prioritised as I wouldn't know how to approach such interview. I have to let ESRC know by end of April I believe but my 2nd and last interview is in May so not sure of how to approach it...
This sounds like a difficult decision to make. I guess by the time you have to let them know you will know the outcome of your first interview which maybe helpful.

Btw. practise makes perfect, the second interview went a bit better as I was able to manage my nerves around doing the interview online.

The application has now updated to Pending Result, does that mean that they have sent the letters out? I though that due to the current situation they are more likely to update us by email but unfortunately haven't heard anything...
Congratulations on your reserve. I am still debating what to do...
I just got contacted by UEA and I am on reserve list. Guess I was not that terrible. However, like ManC they don't tell you where you are...

lozzyhickers

Post by lozzyhickers » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:59 pm

Blossom wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:55 pm
Congratulations on your reserve. I am still debating what to do...
I just got contacted by UEA and I am on reserve list. Guess I was not that terrible. However, like ManC they don't tell you where you are...
I'm also on said list! :?

Beggarsroost

Post by Beggarsroost » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:54 pm

Has anyone heard about the arrangements for Southampton or Kings? I have interviews for both but haven’t heard anything re: what the plans are only that they will probably be online.
Life is far too important to be taken seriously

Eims

Post by Eims » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:32 pm

Hello! I just wanted to offer a slightly different perspective on video interviews for anyone who might have some coming up... I felt that in ways it was actually less stressful than having a face-to-face interview. First of all, there was none of that logistical stress like traffic, parking and finding the right building! Secondly, being at home, you're not surrounded by other anxious interviewees! Of course it's a shame not to meet other people who you'll potentially be training with, but it is also nice to be in a relatively calm environment. And lastly...there is comfort in interviewing at home - I did my interviews with my slippers on! And was able to have tea and chocolate straightaway after, none of the stress of travelling home.

I know it's not an ideal situation, and there are disadvantages of having online interviewing, but just wanted to highlight the benefits too!

ChinChinar

Post by ChinChinar » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:53 pm

For those who have completed their video interviews, regardless of outcomes and have interviewed previously - how different are they to the usual interview process. Are you finding that questions are very different to what might usually be expected of the interviews? Please note, I am not asking for questions, just to get a sense of what to expect?

Mephistofela

Post by Mephistofela » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:51 am

ChinChinar wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:53 pm
For those who have completed their video interviews, regardless of outcomes and have interviewed previously - how different are they to the usual interview process. Are you finding that questions are very different to what might usually be expected of the interviews? Please note, I am not asking for questions, just to get a sense of what to expect?
I've done two video interviews and they were pretty much what you would expect. I think that they used the same questions they would have used if they were doing the interview face to face.

blaman444

Post by blaman444 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:10 pm

I would like to add that I had a video interview with Salomon's last week and it was the most relaxing interview experience I have had. Being at home meant that I could regulate my anxiety by engaging in things around the house beforehand. The interview itself was lovely, there was a minor glitch with sound now and again, but it didn't effect the process at all on the whole!