Reserve list for places 2020

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Post Reply
ProcrastinationFuel
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:31 pm

Re: Reserve list for places 2020

Post by ProcrastinationFuel » Fri May 29, 2020 10:36 pm

dancingqueen15 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 10:05 pm
With the announcement made today regarding extra commissioned places for this years intake, it looks like many of you guys on the reserve could be in luck!! Fingers crossed everyone :D
The announcement is fantastic! Hopefully unis will get in touch about what this means for their course/how many additional places are available

PsyL
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed May 13, 2020 4:17 pm

Re: Reserve list for places 2020

Post by PsyL » Fri May 29, 2020 11:18 pm

dancingqueen15 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 10:05 pm
With the announcement made today regarding extra commissioned places for this years intake, it looks like many of you guys on the reserve could be in luck!! Fingers crossed everyone :D
Do you happen to know if it only applies to NHS places?

minipsychologist
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 10:13 am

Re: Reserve list for places 2020

Post by minipsychologist » Sat May 30, 2020 5:19 am

I am not sure if the increased number of places applies to this years’ intake; “Health Education England (HEE) is delighted to announce plans to expand the number of training places for NHS Clinical Psychologists and Child and Adolescent Psychotherapists, from September 2020. During 2020-21, we intend to increase the education and training commissions for both of these professional roles by 25% nationally an increase of 140.“

https://www.hee.nhs.uk/news-blogs-event ... -announced

But the BPS suggests it might?! “While the initial announcement only covers an increase for 2020/21, we hope to see it extended to allow clinical psychologists to continue providing long-term benefits for service users into the future.”
We will have to wait and see.

https://www.bps.org.uk/news-and-policy/ ... ing-places

dancingqueen15
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:40 pm

Re: Reserve list for places 2020

Post by dancingqueen15 » Sat May 30, 2020 8:45 am

minipsychologist wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 5:19 am
I am not sure if the increased number of places applies to this years’ intake; “Health Education England (HEE) is delighted to announce plans to expand the number of training places for NHS Clinical Psychologists and Child and Adolescent Psychotherapists, from September 2020. During 2020-21, we intend to increase the education and training commissions for both of these professional roles by 25% nationally an increase of 140.“

https://www.hee.nhs.uk/news-blogs-event ... -announced

But the BPS suggests it might?! “While the initial announcement only covers an increase for 2020/21, we hope to see it extended to allow clinical psychologists to continue providing long-term benefits for service users into the future.”
We will have to wait and see.

https://www.bps.org.uk/news-and-policy/ ... ing-places
It does relate to this year, it will just depend which universities get the extra places and how many places extra they get each. Hopefully it will carry on into future years too :D

dancingqueen15
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:40 pm

Re: Reserve list for places 2020

Post by dancingqueen15 » Sat May 30, 2020 9:02 am

PsyL wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 11:18 pm
dancingqueen15 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 10:05 pm
With the announcement made today regarding extra commissioned places for this years intake, it looks like many of you guys on the reserve could be in luck!! Fingers crossed everyone :D
Do you happen to know if it only applies to NHS places?

The new funding is just for NHS places I believe

nicoleks
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:57 pm

Re: Reserve list for places 2020

Post by nicoleks » Sun May 31, 2020 1:39 pm

Hi all,

I was number 4 on the reserve list for Surrey, and was offered and accepted a place on Tuesday 😊
Best of luck to all still waiting to hear! 🤞🏾

Psych111
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:15 pm

Re: Reserve list for places 2020

Post by Psych111 » Sun May 31, 2020 2:13 pm

Anybody heard from Southampton?

rachyp
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:01 pm

Re: Reserve list for places 2020

Post by rachyp » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:29 pm

Hi everyone, I have just declined a place at Edinburgh. Hope this is good news to someone :)

Patts1234
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed May 13, 2020 3:32 pm

Re: Reserve list for places 2020

Post by Patts1234 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:34 pm

Hey everyone,

Congratulations to everyone who has an offer!! :D :D

Does anyone know of any movement on the Trent reserve list? Or how many places are still to be accepted? It seems to have been a quiet month.

Thank you!

CatJG
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:02 pm

Re: Reserve list for places 2020

Post by CatJG » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:08 pm

I was 7th on the reserve list for Birmingham and accepted my place today! Hope there is movement for other people waiting on reserve lists :)

TGCubed
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue May 05, 2020 9:32 am

Re: Reserve list for places 2020

Post by TGCubed » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:02 am

Anybody has updates from UEL? I can definitely feel my anxiety increase. Last time I checked (5 days ago) they had only offered a place to the first reserve and had 11 places to fill. 😬😰

aspiringpsych21
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:06 am

Re: Reserve list for places 2020

Post by aspiringpsych21 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:14 pm

I was wondering if anyone has heard anything further from the universities/BPS about how these will be allocated across courses. I am on the reserve list for a place this year and this news has lifted my hopes. Do you think we will hear back before the deadline on 12th June for these extra commissioned places?
ProcrastinationFuel wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 10:36 pm
dancingqueen15 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 10:05 pm
With the announcement made today regarding extra commissioned places for this years intake, it looks like many of you guys on the reserve could be in luck!! Fingers crossed everyone :D
The announcement is fantastic! Hopefully unis will get in touch about what this means for their course/how many additional places are available

FCW
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:59 pm

Re: Reserve list for places 2020

Post by FCW » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:49 pm

I have just declined a place at RHUL so the reserve list should be moving!

fball
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Reserve list for places 2020

Post by fball » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:39 pm

Hi all, I'm on the reserve list for Herts, but they won't tell us where we are on the list - can anyone help?!

szam
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:59 am

Re: Reserve list for places 2020

Post by szam » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:54 am

PsyL wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 5:09 pm
szam wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 12:11 pm
Hi everyone,

Congrats to all those who got places! I'm on reserve at RHUL at number 4, so I would be very grateful if someone could tell me if they are rejecting an offer from them :) I'm a self-funded student btw
Hi! I have been offered a place for RHUL (Self-funded as well) and I am first on the reserve list for UCL. If I get the offer from UCL, I will be declining my offer at RHUL. Hope it helps!
Hey PsyL, thanks for letting me know :) Could I maybe message you to talk about the interview? I would love some tips etc

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest