Low Intensity IAPT (PWP) Trainees -London Area

Advertise posts here (email clinpsyforum@gmail.com to arrange payment, it starts at just £40+vat)
Crochet

Re: Low Intensity IAPT (PWP) Trainees -London Area

Post by Crochet » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:14 pm

I am just about to finish an MSc in Health Psy and have two years experience working in a substance misuse (alcohol) service in primary care and AMH settings providing 1:1 and group interventions as well as training for professionals etc. I had thought I might stand a chance at getting an interview but I've just received a rejection letter for a trainee PWP position elsewhere so I'm not holding my breath. :(

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
annabel_h

Post by annabel_h » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:05 am

has everyone else noticed that the application now has the option to 'remove' next to it? is this a bad sign? would anyone like to volunteer to email the hr lady again - i would but don't want to end up with a black mark against my name for pestering her or something!
ta

SophH

Post by SophH » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:34 am

Hi Annabel_h

I have remove next to mine so I deleted it from 'my applications'.
I emailed the hr lady to ask what this means and whether the particular trusts I have applied for have shortlisted- I will let you know what she says!

SophH

Lancelot

Post by Lancelot » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:09 pm

The remove button automatically appears a month after you applied. It doesn't mean anything. I certainly wouldn't delete your application!

psy40174

Post by psy40174 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:05 pm

Well thats a relief that others haven't heard back either yet. No news it good news!

Yeah the remove thing doesn't mean anything, I've had that come up and still been shortlisted for interviews up to nearly 2 months later!
-------------------------------------------------------
“I used to think that the brain was the most wonderful organ in my body. Then I realised who was telling me this.” - Emo Philips

semele

Post by semele » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:54 pm

Yeah, it switches to "Remove" automatically after a month. You shouldn't remove it though as then you won't be able to get any contact from them! I never remove anything- I quite like having a record of what I've applied to, if only to grumble and show people how chronically unsuccessful I am! It's also useful to be able to easily find a similar application to a job you want to apply for and cut-and-paste, reducing the amount of tinkering with a more generic application you may have to do.
“People know what they do; frequently they know why they do what they do; but what they don't know is what what they do does.”
― Michel Foucault, Madness and Civilization: A History of Insanity in the Age of Reason

annabel_h

Post by annabel_h » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:05 am

ah, that's reassuring thanks! although i would rather just know either way now, it's getting annoying! obviously they have lots of applicants i know. wouldn't want to have the job of shortlisting! but still....

monkeyboy18

Post by monkeyboy18 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:57 pm

got an interview for islington borough for pwp training! very exciting!

powkin

Post by powkin » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:26 pm

Hey,
Well done!!
Has anyone else heard yet? I applied to Lambeth and Southwark as I live near Waterloo and am used to working in South London.
I've got an interview on Thursday for another post so I'm already nervous about that. I always think it takes the pressure off a bit if you have other options! My last few interviews have been disasterous, I seem to have lost my nerve!

psy40174

Post by psy40174 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:29 pm

also got an interview for Islington borough! My first choice I put as Camden, but to be honest I was happy with anything! Mine is Thursday 4th Aug :)

powkin - i am exactly the same, i have been to soooo many interviews lately and keen getting pipped to the post! I hope it goes good for you on Thursday, and i hope you get more options to take the pressure off for it too!
-------------------------------------------------------
“I used to think that the brain was the most wonderful organ in my body. Then I realised who was telling me this.” - Emo Philips

memory111

Post by memory111 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:00 pm

Hello!
Has anyone heard from Kingston at all? I applied to Kingston and Southwark (LI) and it sounds like Southwark are not recruiting, and I have not heard anything regarding Kingston.

Thanks
Mem x

powkin

Post by powkin » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:56 pm

memory111 wrote: Has anyone heard from Kingston at all? I applied to Kingston and Southwark (LI) and it sounds like Southwark are not recruiting, and I have not heard anything regarding Kingston.
What do you mean about Southwark not recruiting??

I just got an email from the NHS jobs website saying:

"Urgent Notice
Dear All,

Thank you for your enquiry into the IAPT PWP trainee posts. Due to the high volume of applications we are yet to short list for all the posts. I am unable to discuss individual applications.

You will be notified via the email address that you provided on your application whether you are successful.

Some candidates will have already been notified for PWP, others will be notified over the next few days. If you have not heard by Friday 29th July, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful this time.

Interviews for PWP posts will take place on the 28th/29th July and 1st – 5th August.

Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications individual feedback cannot be offered."

rsuk10

Post by rsuk10 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:09 pm

I was told from the administrator at Southwark they aren't taking on any LIs. As anyone heard from Lewisham. I'm such a bag of nerves....when I just received that message from NHS was hoping it would be good news not a generic statement. x

powkin

Post by powkin » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:12 pm

Yeah me too, was hoping for some good news.

Why the hell did they let us apply to a local authority that's not recruiting? Means that we have 1/2 the chance or anyone else surely, if everywhere is over subscribed?

rsuk10

Post by rsuk10 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:20 pm

Yup exactly the same thing happened to me last year, applied to Southwark as my first only to find out from my friend in the service that they weren't hiring as using the funds to create more HI posts. So this year I made sure to ring up each borough as I wanted to apply to Tower Hamlets. When I spoke to them, they said they had no idea about any recruitment going on and they were not hiring, even though they were listed as a choice in the application form!