Assistant Psychologist x 3 - York

Advertise posts here (email clinpsyforum@gmail.com to arrange payment, it starts at just £40+vat)
DisabilitiesTrust

Assistant Psychologist x 3 - York

Post by DisabilitiesTrust » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:12 am

York House
£ 17,706
Fixed Term : Twelve Months
Hours per week: 35

We are seeking three assistant psychologists to work at York House Hospital.

York House is an Independent Hospital established in 1999. We provide assessment and rehabilitation for people who have acquired a brain injury as a result of direct trauma, disease, anoxia or cerebral vascular accident and who present with challenging behaviours. We use the Neuro-behavioural approach to change or modify unacceptable behaviours thus enabling the service users to reintegrate back into society.

The post involves working as part of a multidisciplinary team, under the supervision of clinical psychologists, conducting structured behavioural assessments and devising/implementing behavioural management programmes.
The role also involves administration of neuropsychological assessments.

Applicants are expected to hold a BPS approved degree in Psychology (upper second or first class) and be working towards gaining clinical training.

Experience of working with challenging behaviour would be an advantage as would experience of neuropsychological assessment.

The successful candidate would need to have excellent interpersonal and team working skills, be able to manage his / her own time, be self-motivated and flexible. A full driving licence is advantageous.

For an informal discussion, please contact Dr Ohr Barak, Consultant Psychologist on 01904 412666.

For an application pack, please download the application pack from the BIRT website at http://www.thedtgroup.org/brain-injury/ ... t-x-3.aspx

Completed application forms should be returned to Joanna Carruthers Governance Administrator, York House, 107 Heslington Road, York, YO10 5BN email Joanna.Carruthers@thedtgroup.org.

Closing date: 16th July 2012
Interview date: w/c 23rd July 2012

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
enid

Re: Assistant Psychologist x 3 - York

Post by enid » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:36 pm

The person spec seems to include some track changes comments...not sure if this is intentional or not!

SamR

Re: Assistant Psychologist x 3 - York

Post by SamR » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:52 am

I'm one of the assistants currently working at York House. Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the role, and i will do my best to answer :)