Paid AP work for BPS: Six months 1 day per week

Advertise posts here (email clinpsyforum@gmail.com to arrange payment, it starts at just £40+vat)
miriam
Site Admin

Paid AP work for BPS: Six months 1 day per week

Post by miriam » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm

This is a six -month contract for 1 day/week from January to June 2015.

The post-holder will work together with the Project Manager and the Faculty Committee to support the work of the project.

Applicants need to be graduate psychologists with a knowledge of psychology applied to children, young people and families and a strong academic background. They need to have excellent time management and organisational abilities and be able to work independently within a structure of instruction and supervision.

The post holder will need to have ease of access to library and literature search facilities.

Payment will be £2400 for the full six months with additional travel expenses as agreed.

Further Information:

If you wish to discuss either posts or learn more about the project please email the Faculty Chair:
Julia Faulconbridge jpfaulconbridge@hotmail.co.uk

To apply:

Please email Helen.Barnett@bps.org.uk with your CV and a covering letter (no longer than one page)

Closing Date for applications:

Wednesday 23rd January 2015
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
PsychedOut

Re: Paid AP work for BPS: Six months 1 day per week

Post by PsychedOut » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:02 am

Is it not somewhat questionable, and perhaps even hypocritical, for the BPS to advertise such short term, low paid, minimal hours work to psychology graduates in the context of attempting to increase the accessibility and diversity of clinical psychology?

miriam
Site Admin

Post by miriam » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:14 pm

That must count as the weirdest question of the month. Is it ethical for the BPS to advertise a small job, paid significantly above NHS rates for an AP and more than double minimum wage, which they could easily get done by a volunteer?
Miriam

kermit

Post by kermit » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:25 am

For this job do you have to be registered with BPS, meaning a part of the faculty?

Also anyone know the location of the post, doesn't say in the advert?

Kermit

miriam
Site Admin

Post by miriam » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:39 am

As I understand it, the post holder should be in the BPS and ideally be a member of the faculty, but they can join when appointed if necessary.

I think the location is virtual in the sense that you work from home, but would communicate with the person running the project via phone, skype or in person.
Miriam

PsychedOut

Post by PsychedOut » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:08 am

Hi Miriam,

my apologies. I had seen this advertised elsewhere at a much lower rate for a longer period of time. It looks as though the originally advertised details have been ammended so your right :D

miriam
Site Admin

Post by miriam » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:34 pm

PsychedOut wrote:Hi Miriam,

my apologies. I had seen this advertised elsewhere at a much lower rate for a longer period of time. It looks as though the originally advertised details have been ammended so your right :D
Ah, okay. I think there was an error in the original advert, which was why I only put it up once it was fixed :D
Miriam

tasha489

Post by tasha489 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:00 pm

I emailed the address given for more information, and was in turn given a different address to email instead - after doing so I was given a "delivery failure notification"... this exchange took place over the course of a week so not only did I fail to receive information about the post, it is now past the closing date for applications!

maven
Site Admin

Post by maven » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:11 pm

Well, given both email addresses, for info and for applications, are given correctly in the top post, I don't really think you have grounds for complaint.
Maven.

Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something - Plato
The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool - Shakespeare

tasha489

Post by tasha489 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:30 pm

maven wrote:Well, given both email addresses, for info and for applications, are given correctly in the top post, I don't really think you have grounds for complaint.
My issue is not that the information here has been incorrectly given - it is that I followed the instructions and my query was passed from person to person, until eventually I was told to email an address that can't actually receive mail. Also, the closing date for applications is given as Wednesday the 23rd, which is impossible. Either they meant Wednesday the 21st or Friday the 23rd? Regardless, I'm sad that I lost out on the opportunity to apply for this post. I think it's important they know that their instructions may have lost them potential applicants.

miriam
Site Admin

Post by miriam » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:56 pm

I'll feed it back, but realistically given the volume of applicants I don't think they'll be too upset.

Maybe the lesson to learn is to apply in parallel with asking questions, rather than waiting until its too late (especially as many posts close when they reach a certain number of applicants)
Miriam