Assistant Psychologist in Liverpool CLOSED

Advertise posts here (email clinpsyforum@gmail.com to arrange payment, it starts at just £40+vat)
miriam
Site Admin

Assistant Psychologist in Liverpool CLOSED

Post by miriam » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:00 pm

LifePsychol have a vacancy for an Assistant Psychologist to do various work in the Liverpool area, including contributing to expert witness court reports for the family court, and assessments related to young people in children's residential homes. For three days per week there is work within Liverpool and the surrounding areas (with some time in Southport). We can offer this position part-time, but to make it up to a full-time position you'd need to be willing to travel further afield, with a willingness to go out and conduct assessments anywhere in the UK, although they would primarily be in the north and west of England.

The nature of the role means that we require a psychology graduate with GBC (at a 2:1 or better, or with a completed post-graduate qualification), who has a driving license and access to a vehicle (or can propose suitable adaptation if they have a disability that prevents this) who is diligent and meticulous about collecting and writing up information. Experience administering psychometric assessments would be advantageous but is not essential, as full training will be provided. You need to be organised and proactive, able to set up meetings and communicate in a professional manner, including writing up reports to a high standard.

Supervision for the court work will be provided by a wonderful Consultant Clinical Psychologist (my peer supervisor, Dr Jaime Craig) and supervision for the consultancy role by both Jaime and myself. We both have a commitment to training and development, and a good track record of past assistants gaining places on clinical training (I'm at 8/8 past assistants gaining a place within a year of completing a year as an AP with me, though I suspect this is as much about who I select as the experiences we provide).

You'll be part of a geographically disparate team, including other assistants and qualified CPs, who meet up in person every other month, and over Skype or Webex in between. There will be opportunities to sit in on training events, and to contribute to research and publications.

Salary up to £18,500 per annum (pro rata for part-time).

Application by CV (no more than 2 sides please) with a covering letter (one side) to lifepsychol@gmail.com by the end of the month please.
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
purpledot

Re: Assistant Psychologist, f/t with 3 days/week in Liverpoo

Post by purpledot » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:42 pm

Hi Miriam,

I noticed on the Clinpsy twitter that there are also roles available in Cardiff/South Wales - would you be able to post any information about these roles so that I could pass this on to the South Wales pre-training groups please?

miriam
Site Admin

Post by miriam » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:52 am

They are the ones in Keys and there is a Keys advert just below this one, I think.
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com

purpledot

Post by purpledot » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:09 pm

Ah fab, thank you

DavidPsych

Post by DavidPsych » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:08 pm

Hi! Was wondering when successful applicants will be contacted or if they already have been? Thanks :D