Teesside Course Structure

Discuss the content and style of the different clinical psychology doctoral training courses, the differences between them, placements, teaching, chat to other trainees and connect with other people who have places on the same course
psycheels

Teesside Course Structure

Post by psycheels » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:48 pm

Hello everyone,

I wonder if there are any Teesside trainees on here that could provide me with some info regarding the structure of the course. I have looked at the alternative handbook, and course and clearing house website but there does not seem to be much on there.

Any info about how many days a week you spend in placement, teaching and on research would be useful and how much input you have in choosing your third year placement would be much appreciated.
Many Thanks

Psycheels

Keyser_Soze

Re: Teesside Course Structure

Post by Keyser_Soze » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:52 pm

Hi there,

I'm starting the course in September and have been wondering the same thing. I've spoken to a trainee there and found out the following:

Mon-Tues: University days (occassional study days thrown in at times but mostly lectures).
Wed - Fr: Placement (half a day for in-service reading/studying, which can be taken weekly, or as a day off every fortnight depending on how nice your placement is).

When the teaching stops, placement days go up to 4 and you get a day for thesis planning.

Not 100% sure thats bang on, but I have it on good authority that that's what an average timetable looks like.

Hope that helps!