Hertfordshire - London fringe payment?

Discuss the content and style of the different clinical psychology doctoral training courses, the differences between them, placements, teaching, chat to other trainees and connect with other people who have places on the same course
bob1

Hertfordshire - London fringe payment?

Post by bob1 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Just a quick question - sorry to talk money! - does the course at UH pay london fringe??? the nhs terms and conditions seem to imply that Hatfield is an area that gets London fringe - but I can't find any info on the uni website or elsewhere to confirm this?? THANK YOU for any help on this! :D 8) p.s. really happy to have been offered a place! can't wait to start the course in sept!!! :alien:

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
carly26

Re: Hertfordshire - London fringe payment?

Post by carly26 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:48 pm

Hi Bob - I hope that it includes London fringe payment. I am hoping that the uni will send more paperwork regarding the course. Hopefully this will come soon. I am so excited to start in September :) Carly

jadeywadey

Post by jadeywadey » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:26 pm

Unfortunately not. You will be employed by Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Trust.

Welcome though :)

Borrowed Cone

Post by Borrowed Cone » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:46 pm

I would be very surprised if Herts received London fringe payment, given that Salomons is technically classed as a "London" course and does not receive any London living allowance, despite having placements in London!

The Cone
"We can rebuild him. We have the technology. But I don't want to spend a lot of money..."

Princess86

Post by Princess86 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:43 am

That's interesting as Surrey gets the "Fringe" payments and we're of a similar distance from London as Herts and Salamons.

Borrowed Cone

Post by Borrowed Cone » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:03 pm

Princess86 wrote:That's interesting as Surrey gets the "Fringe" payments and we're of a similar distance from London as Herts and Salamons.
Tell me about it!
"We can rebuild him. We have the technology. But I don't want to spend a lot of money..."

bob1

Post by bob1 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:33 pm

Thanks for all the info :D shame it looks like we're not going to get the fringe payment :cry: especially as the rent in hatfield is a bit (very?) scary!!!!! :)

looking forward to seeing you in september too carly! hopefully we'll get some paperwork from the CPFT soon.

jadeywadey, you sound quite knowledgeable! - are you a current trainee??? is the herts course as fab as I think it's going to be?? (do you think thy'll change the policy re: fringe payment anytime soon?)

:alien:

jadeywadey

Post by jadeywadey » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:16 pm

Hey

I'm a second year trainee at Herts. It's a great course- I would say the best! :)
They won't be changing it anytime soon as we are empoyed by Cambridgeshire and Peterborough (despite not having placements there- odd I know!)

St Albans is probably more expensive to rent but very nice- lots of trainees tend to live there (me included). You could always house share to keep down costs.

Jade

vellen

Post by vellen » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:33 pm

If there are any new Herts trainees who will be looking for a house share I'm planning to move within 5-10 miles of Hatfield.
When I search for house shares, all seem to be with 'students' and I'm not sure I can work full time and study in a house with undergrads!

Figment

Post by Figment » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:12 pm

Unrelated, but just noticed your new smiling kangaroo ! Nice touch Vellen :-)

I'll be commuting from Bucks, as my other half is firmly rooted, but will love a floor to crash on after much needed drinkies after lectures. All very exciting.
Everything you can imagine is real - Pablo Picasso

carly26

Post by carly26 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:21 pm

Hi Vellen - I am in Bushey near Watford and I own a flat so will not be needing to house share. However, good luck with the house hunting. Jadeywadey - I think I know who you are! Hopefully see you and Beckie around university :)

jadeywadey

Post by jadeywadey » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:31 pm

Yes Carly. Indeed we do. Congratulations and I'll soon!

carly26

Post by carly26 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:03 pm

Thanks Jade :)

Rachelle107

House Share

Post by Rachelle107 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:21 pm

Hello there,

This is a message for any new Herts trainees starting in September. I am currently a second year trainee at Herts and I am going to have a room to rent from the end of September. I currently share with another trainee in my cohort but sadly she will be moving in with her boyfriend soon. The flat is in between Radlett and St Albans (about 6 miles from Hatfield). If anyone is interested let me know and we can perhaps discuss it more :-)

See you all soon

Rachel