Coventry & Warwick 2014

Discuss the content and style of the different clinical psychology doctoral training courses, the differences between them, placements, teaching, chat to other trainees and connect with other people who have places on the same course
Sunshine1

Re: Coventry & Warwick 2014

Post by Sunshine1 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:39 pm

LuckyG89 wrote:
Sunshine1 wrote:Hi Everyone,

I'll be joining you in September! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone at the intro day. I still dont think its quite sunk in yet, but I'm enjoying this feeling! I'll be moving too, so the advice on where to live (and not) is really helpful :D x

Skadualendothel - I interviewed on the Monday, so there will be a familiar face!

Ruth :) x

Welcome Ruth :D

Where are you moving from?
Thanks - I'm moving from Doncaster, where I currently work (originally from Norwich) :)
Psychological wrote:
Skadualendothel wrote:Hi all,

I noticed in the Sheffield group that they've set up a facebook group so they can get to know each other a bit before September, thought it was a nice idea. Anyone interested if I set one up?

Hope you're all enjoying the sun! 8)
Sounds good to me! It might be worth making it a private group like some of the others.
It will be good to get to know each other and also help bridge the gap while we are waiting for more news from the course!
Sounds good to me too!

LuckyG89

Post by LuckyG89 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:26 pm

Sunshine1 wrote:
Psychological wrote:
Skadualendothel wrote:Hi all,

I noticed in the Sheffield group that they've set up a facebook group so they can get to know each other a bit before September, thought it was a nice idea. Anyone interested if I set one up?

Hope you're all enjoying the sun! 8)
Sounds good to me! It might be worth making it a private group like some of the others.
It will be good to get to know each other and also help bridge the gap while we are waiting for more news from the course!
Sounds good to me too!
I think it's a really good idea too...but i'm not on FB lol....long story....will open a reduced account just to join the group though :D

SXB959

Post by SXB959 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:32 pm

Thanks Ska! Just sent the request to join, I think it's a great idea.

I am from the Thursday interview day too... still not sure on the day in August for the intro, but assuming we'll get an email?

Suze

Psychological

Post by Psychological » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:38 pm

Hi Suzanne. Did you not get the email a few days ago saying the induction date is 8th August? They also sent another mail today with our pictures in! It went to your work address by the looks of it.

REC

Post by REC » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:03 am

Hello everyone!

Congratulations on being offered a place on training :D . Sorry for crashing in on your thread but I was just wondering if anyone was looking for a house share? I have been offered a new assistant psych post in Leamington and was wondering if anyone would be interested in sharing a house with me? I was looking at living in Warwick or Leamington. I am due to start 1st Sept and have recently been let down by the girl I was going to move in with. If anyone is interested, please PM me :-) Once again, sorry for crashing your thread!

Thank you.

Mikel Arteta

Post by Mikel Arteta » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:54 pm

Hi everyone,

Congratulations!! It's a brilliant course and I am sure you will love it! I have met some of you already at interview day (I'm a third year trainee), so great to hear all your good news :)

If anyone has any questions about the course, trust, areas to live, etc. please feel free to ask me on here or private message me.

I'll post more tips whn I get chance :)

Mikel
Blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these broken wings and learn to fly, all your life
you were only waiting for this moment to arise
:)