Salomons 2015

Discuss the content and style of the different clinical psychology doctoral training courses, the differences between them, placements, teaching, chat to other trainees and connect with other people who have places on the same course
Hlayts

Salomons 2015

Post by Hlayts »

Have accepted my place at Salomons- anyone else? :D
chaz

Re: Salomons 2015

Post by chaz »

Me too! :D Very excited.
EmmaLou

Post by EmmaLou »

Me three! Am super super excited about starting in Sept!

Will you guys be moving down or are you already in the area?
Hlayts

Post by Hlayts »

I'm staying living in south west London- what about you guys? Are you going to the induction day July thing? What days did you interview? Sorry so many questions! Xx
MarkM

Post by MarkM »

Yay, exciting times - congrats everyone! I am really looking forward to meeting everyone in July/September! (:
Hlayts wrote:Are you going to the induction day July thing? What days did you interview? Sorry so many questions! Xx
Definitely going to attend the induction day. It seems like a good opportunity to meet people, right? (: My interview was on Tuesday afternoon; when was yours?
EmmaLou wrote:Will you guys be moving down or are you already in the area?
Hmm. I live in South East London at the moment but am going to move. Thinking Tonbridge or so - seems reasonably priced and nice enough! What about you? (:
:cat: I like cats! :cat:
EmmaLou

Post by EmmaLou »

Awhh yay there seem to be quite a few of us! so nice to meet you all and looking forward to meeting you in person in July (so yes I'm definitely coming along on that day!)

I interviewed on Wednesday morning, anyone else? I didn't really speak to many people because I was so nervous about the whole thing though haha!

I live in Ashford in Kent at the moment so I'm likely going to stay there and commute in. So we'll be commuting from opposite directions!

My partner works in the Tunbridge Wells/Tonbridge area quite a lot, so if you need any advice on where to live then I can always ask! I'm sure there will be people at the meeting in July who will be able to help too if you are new to the area!

Emma
chaz

Post by chaz »

I will be moving and also thinking about Tonbridge area.

Definetly agree July date will be good to chance to meet everyone and not too far away.

I interviewed the Thursday morning.

Cant wait to meet everyone. x
Monroe

Post by Monroe »

I also interviewed on Thursday morning... I was the one running about with a blusher brush and was late to the morning talk if that rings any bells? :oops:

Anyway. I'm going to the thing in July :D
chaz

Post by chaz »

I think I might have been sitting on your table. Although slight anxious blur that morning.

I was the one with the Scottish accent.

See you in July. x
2ndtimelucky

Post by 2ndtimelucky »

Hi all!

I have also accepted a place at Salomons and will be joining you all in July/September! So excited to meet everyone and congratulations!

I interviewed on Thursday morning but I'm not sure I will recognise many people, it seems such a long time ago now :D
MarkM

Post by MarkM »

chaz wrote:I will be moving and also thinking about Tonbridge area.
Oh, great! I hope you find somewhere decent. Have you started looking yet? What kind of living arrangement are you thinking of?
2ndtimelucky wrote:I have also accepted a place at Salomons and will be joining you all in July/September! So excited to meet everyone and congratulations!
Congrats and see you in July! (:
EmmaLou wrote:Awhh yay there seem to be quite a few of us! so nice to meet you all and looking forward to meeting you in person in July (so yes I'm definitely coming along on that day!)
I agree, it's really nice that there are a few people on here so we can already share some excitement... Oooh I am really looking forward to meeting everyone in July! (:
I interviewed on Wednesday morning, anyone else? I didn't really speak to many people because I was so nervous about the whole thing though haha!
I'm the opposite, I was so nervous so I think I chewed everyone's ears off... especially the poor trainee who was sat at our table ._. heh
My partner works in the Tunbridge Wells/Tonbridge area quite a lot, so if you need any advice on where to live then I can always ask! I'm sure there will be people at the meeting in July who will be able to help too if you are new to the area!
Oh that's really kind - I've PM'd you (: thanks!
GreeneyesJS

Post by GreeneyesJS »

Hi everyone

I've just accepted a place at salomons :) interviewed on Wednesday afternoon. Will be commuting from south east (london) - hope it will be doable! So excited to be joining you all! :)
EmmaLou

Post by EmmaLou »

GreeneyesJS wrote:Hi everyone

I've just accepted a place at salomons :) interviewed on Wednesday afternoon. Will be commuting from south east (london) - hope it will be doable! So excited to be joining you all! :)

Yayy congratulations GreeneyesJS! Welcome to the club :lol: Are you coming to the meeting thing on the 2nd July too?
GreeneyesJS

Post by GreeneyesJS »

Yeah I am :) looking forward to meeting you all. Is there like a Facebook group or something like that?
MarkM

Post by MarkM »

GreeneyesJS wrote:I've just accepted a place at salomons :) interviewed on Wednesday afternoon. Will be commuting from south east (london) - hope it will be doable! So excited to be joining you all! :)
Hey, congratulations and welcome! I look forward to meeting you in July. (: Whereabouts in London do you live now? From what I've heard, it's definitely doable, even if you live in north London.
GreeneyesJS wrote:Is there like a Facebook group or something like that?
Funny you should ask, we were just talking about setting one up. Will post the link here once it's done (:

Edit: Okay, done. Here's the link https://www.facebook.com/groups/369406933257353/