Council tax for trainees

Discuss the content and style of the different clinical psychology doctoral training courses, the differences between them, placements, teaching, chat to other trainees and connect with other people who have places on the same course
BathLondonOxford1

Council tax for trainees

Post by BathLondonOxford1 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:01 am

Hi all,

I'm starting the dclinpsy later this month and am currently sorrting out housing. Do we have to pay council tax? Unsure as we're both students and salaried.

Thanks in advance!

MarkM

Re: Council tax for trainees

Post by MarkM » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:36 pm

I am exempt from having to pay council-tax as the course counts as full-time education; my university (Salomons, Canterbury Christ Church University) gave me an exemption certificate. It was quite basic, just had the course start and end dates, my details, etc. Didn't experience any issues there :)

I don't know whether it varies from course to course, but I would expect it's the same across the board?
:cat: I like cats! :cat:

firegal
Team Member

Post by firegal » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:50 am

MarkM wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:36 pm
I am exempt from having to pay council-tax as the course counts as full-time education; my university (Salomons, Canterbury Christ Church University) gave me an exemption certificate. It was quite basic, just had the course start and end dates, my details, etc. Didn't experience any issues there :)

I don't know whether it varies from course to course, but I would expect it's the same across the board?
That's my experience too (Birmingham), didn't even need a certificate.

BathLondonOxford1

Post by BathLondonOxford1 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:35 am

Amazing, thank you very much for your responses!