NHS Lease Cars - While Training

Discuss the content and style of the different clinical psychology doctoral training courses, the differences between them, placements, teaching, chat to other trainees and connect with other people who have places on the same course
Cher92

NHS Lease Cars - While Training

Post by Cher92 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:31 am

Hi all,

My two top choices are Liverpool and Bangor both of which need you to have a car during training.

I can drive but the hospital I work at isn't far enough away to justify the cost right now.

I know Bangor University's website suggests people take advantage of the NHS car lease scheme but my current manager doesn't think you can take part unless you're on a full time contract.

Has anyone used the scheme while on training? Particularity in Liverpool?

BW
Cher

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
ell

Re: NHS Lease Cars - While Training

Post by ell » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:21 pm

Training is a full time contract, so if that's the only potential issue then you should be fine.

lakeland

Post by lakeland » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:53 am

Do they mean permanent? Because you have a lease car for three years (or can buy yourself out of the contract early) so I would think it would be fine?

Cher92

Post by Cher92 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:34 pm

Ahh yes i meant permanent!

I'm thinking it'll be fine if the Bangor website is suggesting using the leases but couldnt see anything about them on the other university sites.

RJParker

Post by RJParker » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:39 pm

You'd probably be better looking at the trust websites for the appropriate employing trusts rather than the universities - they are the ones that will be running the schemes. For example the Lancashire Care FT site says their scheme is run via GMP (https://gmpdrivercare.com).