Exeter 2019

Discuss the content and style of the different clinical psychology doctoral training courses, the differences between them, placements, teaching, chat to other trainees and connect with other people who have places on the same course
Edgemo

Re: Exeter 2019

Post by Edgemo » Fri May 31, 2019 10:34 am

ssdreamer wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 2:32 pm
Edgemo wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 9:23 pm
What an awesome thread!

Hello everyone! I'm Dan, I accepted just the other week, now planning to move down from Norwich. My placement base is Exeter, and I can't remember meeting any of you on my interview day. Will be nice to meet you in a few months.

Also very pleased that even though there are only 4 of us on here at the mo it's already quite a diverse group. I think that was one of Exeter's strengths in its recruitment process, focusing on the individual!

Can't wait for September. It's real, and it's happening!

Hey Dan, I'm glad you saw my post on the main thread and came here! Welcome welcome.... You also have the same placement base as me and Dusty. Yay! It is real and happening. So you'll be moving from Norwich, that's quite a far move... how are you feeling about it? Excited, nervous, stressed?? :D
I'm feeling all of the above but mostly excited. Currently in Exeter looking for houses to rent with my family. We have found one and are now starting the process of getting all the paperwork sorted. It's in Uffculme! Exeter is a very beautiful place. Now just gotta get applications into schools. We have found a very nice nursery too. Apparently moving house is going to cost approximately £2700 :shock: I'm also on shared parental leave at the moment so that leaves a bit of room to get some packing done.

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
ssdreamer

Post by ssdreamer » Fri May 31, 2019 1:42 pm

Hey everyone...

So I'm thinking of starting a whatsapp group for us and was wondering what you guys think? As it'll probably be easier than logging onto here to reply and more private too!

If you're interested please private message me your number and I'll add you to the group.

Cheers :D

ssdreamer

Post by ssdreamer » Fri May 31, 2019 3:40 pm

Edgemo wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 10:34 am

I'm feeling all of the above but mostly excited. Currently in Exeter looking for houses to rent with my family. We have found one and are now starting the process of getting all the paperwork sorted. It's in Uffculme! Exeter is a very beautiful place. Now just gotta get applications into schools. We have found a very nice nursery too. Apparently moving house is going to cost approximately £2700 :shock: I'm also on shared parental leave at the moment so that leaves a bit of room to get some packing done.

Wow that's awesome that you're there with the family. Must be lovely there atm with the nice weather. :) How cool that you've already found a place. Exciting times!

Did you manage to get a september move in date on the house? The places I see for rent are available now or next month at the most. Woah that's a big cost upfront to move. Good luck with it all. :alien:

Edgemo

Post by Edgemo » Fri May 31, 2019 4:59 pm

ssdreamer wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 3:40 pm
Edgemo wrote:

Our tennency starts at the begining of July and our house is going to be rented out from August onward so we're having to take a bump of one month's rent. All in all, this course is becoming one hell of an investment, but I reckon it will be worth it!

Wow that's awesome that you're there with the family. Must be lovely there atm with the nice weather. :) How cool that you've already found a place. Exciting times!

Did you manage to get a september move in date on the house? The places I see for rent are available now or next month at the most. Woah that's a big cost upfront to move. Good luck with it all. :alien:

Mudisco

Post by Mudisco » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:27 am

ssdreamer wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 2:39 pm
Mudisco wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 3:00 am

Oh wow!! Like Edgemo said, it is already a diverse course. Congratulations! I also wanted a drastic move and I am from South East London. A black girl also got on to the course and she is from London originally as well

I feel the same Dusty, I am still waiting for something a bit more official for it to sink in!

Haha. I know that I am probably biased for saying this because I got on but I really liked how the interview day went. September cannot come soon enough!

Hey Mudisco, thank you!! Yes it is already a diverse course with only 4 of us here so far. That's awesome that you also wanted a drastic move ;) ... South East London, not far from my area then. When I went to the interview I met a few people on the course and a lot of them were from London. It seems that a lot of Londoners are in Exeter so it won't feel that strange being there...

Me too - really loved the interview day and the people there (staff and trainees). All positive signs... :)
Yeah, I have been told that there was a significant amount of Londoners on the course. Either way, it will be a new, exciting and life-changing experience!

Mudisco

Post by Mudisco » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:34 am

Edgemo wrote:
ssdreamer wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 2:32 pm
Edgemo wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 9:23 pm
What an awesome thread!

Hello everyone! I'm Dan, I accepted just the other week, now planning to move down from Norwich. My placement base is Exeter, and I can't remember meeting any of you on my interview day. Will be nice to meet you in a few months.

Also very pleased that even though there are only 4 of us on here at the mo it's already quite a diverse group. I think that was one of Exeter's strengths in its recruitment process, focusing on the individual!

Can't wait for September. It's real, and it's happening!

Hey Dan, I'm glad you saw my post on the main thread and came here! Welcome welcome.... You also have the same placement base as me and Dusty. Yay! It is real and happening. So you'll be moving from Norwich, that's quite a far move... how are you feeling about it? Excited, nervous, stressed?? :D
£2700?! :shock:

In a way, it is good that you have started moving! I am not looking forward to the packing of my things and relocating bit! I don't know whether you have heard of www.anyvan.com? Good luck with moving, Dan. Kudos to you for being on the course and also being a family man as well. You must be going through the full package of emotions right now!

Mudisco

Post by Mudisco » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:36 am

ssdreamer wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 1:42 pm
Hey everyone...

So I'm thinking of starting a whatsapp group for us and was wondering what you guys think? As it'll probably be easier than logging onto here to reply and more private too!

If you're interested please private message me your number and I'll add you to the group.

Cheers :D
I think this is a great idea. I will send you a PM now