Dclin Australia

Discuss the content and style of the different clinical psychology doctoral training courses, the differences between them, placements, teaching, chat to other trainees and connect with other people who have places on the same course
victoriast16

Dclin Australia

Post by victoriast16 »

Hey everyone,

Hope you are doing well:)

I'm determined to do a dclin but I'm also open in doing it in Australia if there is funding. I have no idea how it works though and although I saw that some universities offer scholarships, is not clear if the dclin courses are fully funded. Do you have any advice or information on Australian dclin? I can only do fully funded courses unfortunately.
alexh

Re: Dclin Australia

Post by alexh »

Could we presume that you've already googled and searched here for this information? viewtopic.php?t=15117
Our language is a necropolis of dead metaphors. Sarbin.
Geishawife
Team Member

Re: Dclin Australia

Post by Geishawife »

I think you'll find it's far more complicated than you anticipate! Even assuming you can get a funded place (which is debatable) will you be eligible to stay and live and work in Australia long term? If not, you will need to return to the UK and then possibly have to do some work experience/extra study in order to gain equivalence to be able to practice as not all qualifications gained overseas are accepted here. That will mean working at a lower pay grade until your qualifications are accepted, could mean having to pay for supervision and wouldtake up a considerable amount of your time. If your aim is to work as a CP here, realistically the best option is to apply for the UK courses.