EDINBURGH / GLASGOW 2009

Discuss the content and style of the different clinical psychology doctoral training courses, the differences between them, placements, teaching, chat to other trainees and connect with other people who have places on the same course
jenscotland

Post by jenscotland » Wed May 20, 2009 3:27 pm

urmaserendipity85 wrote:I'm sooo excited to hear how you all got on! I've had a place for 6 weeks now and cancelled my Edinburgh interview and it just seems like such a long wait - imagine if I'd been rejected at the beginning of April and had to wait til now for Edinburgh! Yeesh!
Good luck to all of you x
Thanks urmaserendipity and many congrats on your offer, I'm sure the excitement hasn't worn off just yet! :D

helloimnew

Post by helloimnew » Thu May 21, 2009 4:11 pm

Anyone else just want to know? Feels like we've been left right till the end (oh yes we have actually!). Can't take another week of waiting! :shock:

How's everyone else's interviews gone?

jenscotland

Post by jenscotland » Thu May 21, 2009 4:32 pm

I know how you feel - I felt relieved that it was over yesterday but today I'm back to feeling nervous and just want to know either way! I have no idea how Edinburgh went, but I'm just crossing my fingers! How about you?

vars

Post by vars » Fri May 22, 2009 10:58 am

it feels like torture! I had mine on Monday and it feels so long ago that I've been waiting now!

Am i right in thinking clearing house deadline for letting us know is next friday so it should be by then?

jenscotland

Post by jenscotland » Fri May 22, 2009 11:29 am

vars wrote:it feels like torture! I had mine on Monday and it feels so long ago that I've been waiting now!

Am i right in thinking clearing house deadline for letting us know is next friday so it should be by then?
Mine was on Wednesday and that's been bad enough, must feel even worse for you! :?

I was wondering about the deadline too - I'd guess they'll do their best to send them out in time for it, but who knows?! Glasgow finished interviewing on the friday and we had the letters the following Wednesday I think so hopefully Edinburgh will be as efficient!

urmaserendipity85

Post by urmaserendipity85 » Fri May 22, 2009 11:47 am

The clearing house deadline is 5th June. That's 2 weeks today but I would guess that you'll know by the end of next week. Fingers crossed for you all xx

urmaserendipity85

Post by urmaserendipity85 » Fri May 22, 2009 11:48 am

scrap that, having a blonde moment. 5th june is when you have to accept/decline by. 29th May (a week today) is the deadline they have to let you know by
x

helloimnew

Post by helloimnew » Fri May 22, 2009 12:23 pm

hey jen i'm not sure. I thought it went well and I gave a good account of myself and i was way more relaxed and confident than glasgow, but i have no idea whether it's enough to get in this year or whether they'll think another year of experience would do me good. I'm in the same boat as vars, been waiting since monday, i was the second interview of the week so it's been pretty agonising...my current contract runs out in 6 weeks too so it would be nice to know whether I need to start looking for a full time or temporary job! x

jenscotland

Post by jenscotland » Fri May 22, 2009 2:44 pm

helloimnew wrote:hey jen i'm not sure. I thought it went well and I gave a good account of myself and i was way more relaxed and confident than glasgow, but i have no idea whether it's enough to get in this year or whether they'll think another year of experience would do me good. I'm in the same boat as vars, been waiting since monday, i was the second interview of the week so it's been pretty agonising...my current contract runs out in 6 weeks too so it would be nice to know whether I need to start looking for a full time or temporary job! x
Well that sounds positive :) Good luck! I know what you mean about the wanting to know - my PhD funding runs out at the end of next month and I wish I knew what sort of job I need to start looking for!

Ana

Post by Ana » Fri May 22, 2009 2:44 pm

helloimnew wrote:Anyone else just want to know? Feels like we've been left right till the end (oh yes we have actually!). Can't take another week of waiting! :shock:

How's everyone else's interviews gone?
I'm right there with you helloimnew! I can't believe its another week of feeling like this. I'm becoming less confident as the time goes on. Can't stop focussing on all the bad parts of my interview! :oops:

Lil_Angel

Post by Lil_Angel » Fri May 22, 2009 4:19 pm

Really really hope the offers start coming in for you guys. Just a wee note to say good luck again :D
We'll be friends until we are old and senile... Then we'll be new friends

Ana

Post by Ana » Fri May 22, 2009 4:21 pm

Thanks Lil_Angel. Congrats on your good news! :wink:

Lil_Angel

Post by Lil_Angel » Fri May 22, 2009 4:24 pm

Thanks Ana. Hopefully see you there!

jenscotland

Post by jenscotland » Fri May 22, 2009 4:26 pm

Lil_Angel wrote:Really really hope the offers start coming in for you guys. Just a wee note to say good luck again :D
Thanks Lil_Angel! Hope your exciting news has started to sink in! :D

Lil_Angel

Post by Lil_Angel » Fri May 22, 2009 4:44 pm

Just about back down to earth now, reality of it starting to sink in :shock:
But thanks for asking!