Interview reserve lists - how much do they move?

Discuss the content and style of the different clinical psychology doctoral training courses, the differences between them, placements, teaching, chat to other trainees and connect with other people who have places on the same course
vars

Post by vars » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:22 am

Yeah I'm on reserve list for Glasgow and feel bit disheartened!

ElizabethB

Re: Interview reserve lists - how much do they move?

Post by ElizabethB » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:49 am

Apologies for replying to this old thread- but this thread contains some useful advice regarding interview reserve lists. Others may benefit from advice contained in this thread. I'm hoping my Herts interview reserve turns into an actual interview (interview times 27th-29th April), so keeping my fingers crossed. Best of luck fellow applicants :)
"I am different, not less."—Temple Grandin
'A door opened and I went through it!' Temple Grandin
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

stargazerlilli

Post by stargazerlilli » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:18 pm

Good luck Elizabeth! Rooting for you!
"When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new".

kk123

Post by kk123 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:48 pm

Im reserve for Newcastle- does anyone have any idea how much they typically move based on previous years?

bw

AnsweringBell

Post by AnsweringBell » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:48 pm

kk123, it's very changeable year on year! Last year was bonkers and they moved through their whole reserve list, the couple of years prior it was between 5 and 8 as far as I recall. Basically, you just can't call it. Where are you on the list??

pinkerton

Post by pinkerton » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:57 pm

I was 4th on the reserve list for Herts last year and it didn't move at all - but apparently the year before it moved 11 places. So hard to predict, so I would err on the side of caution if you can. That said, I think we all deserve a holiday! Good luck :D

Psychological

Post by Psychological » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:47 am

pinkerton wrote:I was 4th on the reserve list for Herts last year and it didn't move at all - but apparently the year before it moved 11 places. So hard to predict, so I would err on the side of caution if you can. That said, I think we all deserve a holiday! Good luck :D
This is interesting because I was second on the reserve list for Herts last year and was invited for an interview, which I then turned down. So the list must have moved to number 3 at least.