Confirmation of places

Discuss the content and style of the different clinical psychology doctoral training courses, the differences between them, placements, teaching, chat to other trainees and connect with other people who have places on the same course
lakeland

Confirmation of places

Post by lakeland » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:02 pm

Hi

After reading the Edinburgh thread and people saying about confirmation of places from the Clearing House, I wondered if anyone from other courses had received anything similar? I sent off acceptance of my offer a couple of weeks ago, but haven't had anything from the course or the Clearing House. Now panicking that my acceptance letter was lost in the post!

Why do I have these worries on a Saturday? Anyone in a similar predicament?

brfc

Post by brfc » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:36 pm

Don't Panic! I accepted my place back in April and it must have taken at least two weeks for my clearing house letter to arrive. It will probably take even longer for yours as they have to send out lots of others.

Tiger

Post by Tiger » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:48 pm

Er...clearing house letter? I accepted my place back in mid april and have heard from the course but not the clearing house. Is this something I need to worry about?

steve79

Post by steve79 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:58 am

i wouldnt worry. As long as you hear from the course. Last year I didnt get anything from the clearing house about my acceptance of Leeds

steve :)

vars

Post by vars » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:21 am

hiya I got a letter BUT it says on clearing house website they only send you it if you have accepted offer and have others still to cancel!

sorry I think it was me who commented on Edinburgh thread about this, didnt mean to panic anyone!

urmaserendipity85

Post by urmaserendipity85 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:45 am

yeah I got one after accepting my place but they were really just writing to tell me that they were going to cancel my other interview - you maybe don't get one if there's no action to take

Tiger

Post by Tiger » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:23 pm

Sounds alright then :) I've been having horrible dreams where Oxford didn't receive my letter in time, someone else has been given my place etc etc so I think I'm just generally paranoid!