Which psychology conversion course to do/Nottingham Trent?

The place to ask about degree courses, conversion courses, masters, PhD or other qualifications. Discuss specific courses, their pros and cons, the content, the application process, different institutions, how to fund them, etc. Includes advice if you have a 2:2 and questions on transcripts
Amusicum

Which psychology conversion course to do/Nottingham Trent?

Post by Amusicum » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:02 pm

Hello,
Would anybody be able to recommend a psychology conversion course? Does it really matter which Uni you go to for the conversion course? I was wondering does anybody have experience of the psychology conversion course at the University of Nottingham Trent?

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
mr_tippy

Post by mr_tippy » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:01 pm

I'm still undecided. I need to apply to those few courses that incorporate the 60credits prior learning into the masters. At the moment Sussex seems the most attractive. The university is well respected as a whole, and their psychology department is strong, and I believe I would enjoy my time there.

The only thing that puts me off is the relatively high living costs. Looking at Nottingham Trent (that I hadn't known about before - thanks) those expenses are less.

The other considerations are Hertfordshire... University of East London is getting mixed reviews on this site and being in London would be too expensive for me.

Amusicum

Post by Amusicum » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:25 am

Thanks for that. Alternatively, I can do a psychology HDip conversion course in Ireland, where I am from, which would take 2 years.

Amusicum

Post by Amusicum » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:27 am

Thanks for that. Alternatively, I can do a psychology HDip conversion course in Ireland, where I am from, which would take 2 years.