HCPC registration for non UK

The place to ask about degree courses, conversion courses, masters, PhD or other qualifications. Discuss specific courses, their pros and cons, the content, the application process, different institutions, how to fund them, etc. Includes advice if you have a 2:2 and questions on transcripts
Robin79

Re: HCPC registration for non UK

Post by Robin79 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:21 am

Butterfly wrote:I wanted to say that I am now registered with HCPC. I can say that the process can be long and stressful and needs a lot of patience.
But I am now proud to be registered :)
Hi Butterfly
How did you manage in the end? I am in a similar situation and I am sure on what to do... can't find any info about the test and the HCPC is not exactly helpful in advising me. Any suggestions welcome ;)
Thanks a lot

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
Cristina7

Post by Cristina7 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:18 pm

Hi
I am in the process too as Italian Psychologist. I was wondering if someone has qualified in Italy and if can I ask you some questions about it.
I started with cerfified translations of my degrees made by certified italian translators and approved by the court, now I have got some doubts about the course form cause my university is refusing to fill it :(

I would be glad to share my experience with you

Cristina

Rubedo

Post by Rubedo » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:35 pm

Hi Cristina,

I'm a fellow Italian psychologist (well, Msc actually) and I was wondering whether I could pick you for some clarifications.

I arrived in the UK as part of my post MSc internship, but instead of going back and do the professional registration exam (esame di stato), I "defected" and remained here to work. I read from your post that in your application to HPCP you sent off your degrees; would that include the professional registration exam and specialization school?

Thank you!

Cristina7

Post by Cristina7 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:09 pm

Hi
For the European Mutual Recognition Right yes that would include your body professional registration. In my case I have not any psychoterapy specialization, so just a certicate of my previous registration as professional.
I am not sure that they will recognize me as CP without any psychotherapy training but you should go into the process and see what s turn out.

Hope that can help. Btw I thing you did a good choice.

KR
Cristina

Nonsense

Post by Nonsense » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:33 am

Hi everyone,
Thank you for these useful info. I have received my assessment outcome from the HCPC (Clinical Psychologist route) and was told I need to do a few periods of adaptations - do you know what is the best way to approach this? One thing I am particularly interested in finding out is whether the placement provider will have any costs to have me there, as this may determine the conditions of the work. Also, has anyone done the POAs - if so, how did you go about finding them? And how did it work? Thanks.

Nonsense

Post by Nonsense » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:36 am

Cristina7 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:18 pm
Hi
I am in the process too as Italian Psychologist. I was wondering if someone has qualified in Italy and if can I ask you some questions about it.
I started with cerfified translations of my degrees made by certified italian translators and approved by the court, now I have got some doubts about the course form cause my university is refusing to fill it :(

I would be glad to share my experience with you

Cristina
Hi Cristina, what I've done is fill it out myself and then ask them to check and sign - here is no chance they would ever do it - it takes days!!