MSc Psych conversion Roehampton

The place to ask about degree courses, conversion courses, masters, PhD or other qualifications. Discuss specific courses, their pros and cons, the content, the application process, different institutions, how to fund them, etc. Includes advice if you have a 2:2 and questions on transcripts
baddabing

MSc Psych conversion Roehampton

Post by baddabing » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:16 pm

Hi all. Ive just started the MSC psych conversion at Man Met. Yesterday I received an email from Roehampton saying that their MSC Psych is now BPS accredited. I cant find many reviews on whether it's a better/ worse course than Man Met. Yes its definitely more expensive (8k versus 5ishk). Is there any snobbery in the psych world about getting a degree from an ex-poly like Man Met? My future plans are to go into health psych.

thanks

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
Geishawife
Team Member

Re: MSc Psych conversion Roehampton

Post by Geishawife » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:10 pm

Short answer, no. The important things are that the course you do is approved and offers GBC and that you get a good grade. Where you study is really not important so long as you meet the above criteria. (Slightly off on a tangent, but Roehampton was not always a university either. Like polys, it offered degrees, but for many years it was known as Roehampton Institute, not University).

oldcircus

Re: MSc Psych conversion Roehampton

Post by oldcircus » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:00 am

Where does it say the Roehampton fee is £8K? On the website it states it's $16K (US Dollars). I queried this by web chat on the Roehampton website and was informed:
  • - It's $16K for all students, whether UK/EU/non-EU
    - Fees are charged in USD and subject to exchange rates (I calculated it to be approx £12700)
    - They told me I should do some research and I'll find their fees are very competitive!!!
    - They told me their course is the only "100% online" course in the country and "one of the few" MSc conversion courses with BPS accreditation...
Needless to say it was a rather perplexing conversation!