MSc BPS Accredited?

The place to ask about degree courses, conversion courses, masters, PhD or other qualifications. Discuss specific courses, their pros and cons, the content, the application process, different institutions, how to fund them, etc. Includes advice if you have a 2:2 and questions on transcripts
sanya96

MSc BPS Accredited?

Post by sanya96 » Thu May 31, 2018 4:56 pm

Hi,

I am currently in the process of applying for MSc Programmes with the aim of enhancing my research skills to prepare me for my career in Clinical Psych (hopefully). However, is it important to apply for a BPS accredited MSc?
For example, I am currently at the interview stage for Applied Clinical Psych at UCLAN but this course is not accredited - does this make a big difference when later applying for the Dclin Programme?

Hope that makes sense.

Thank you

Sanya.

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
Geishawife
Team Member

Re: MSc BPS Accredited?

Post by Geishawife » Thu May 31, 2018 6:48 pm

Did your original degree confer GBC? If it did, it will not matter if the MSc doesn't. If not, you wil need to obtain it via the MSc.l

liverpool2013

Re: MSc BPS Accredited?

Post by liverpool2013 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:41 pm

sanya96 how did you get on with your interview for Applied Clinical Psych at UCLAN? I will be starting this course in September! :D