Overlap of MSc and Doctorate courses...what happens

The place to ask about degree courses, conversion courses, masters, PhD or other qualifications. Discuss specific courses, their pros and cons, the content, the application process, different institutions, how to fund them, etc. Includes advice if you have a 2:2 and questions on transcripts
dbc

Overlap of MSc and Doctorate courses...what happens

Post by dbc » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:12 pm

if I undertake an MSc starting Jan 2019 and then get offered a place on DClinPsych for Sept 2019…..what do I do?

Obviously this is all hyypothetical as both are competitive processes and I may get turned down for both. Just wondering what peoples experiences are of similar situations.

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
miriam
Site Admin

Re: Overlap of MSc and Doctorate courses...what happens

Post by miriam » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:37 pm

Stop the former and start the latter.
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com

Roz93

Re: Overlap of MSc and Doctorate courses...what happens

Post by Roz93 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:34 pm

Many universities offer "exit degrees" which you could consider if you start the MSc and then get onto the DClin. Successful completion of 60 credits in your MSc would ordinarily allow you to exit with a PGCert (post-grad certificate) in the subject, and 120 credits (usually everything but the thesis/dissertation) is sufficient for a PGDip (post-grad diploma).

Check out your options! (and how it affects your funding source(s) if relevant))
"Imagine others complexly" - John Green.