Trainee Forensic Psych Feed

The place to ask about degree courses, conversion courses, masters, PhD or other qualifications. Discuss specific courses, their pros and cons, the content, the application process, different institutions, how to fund them, etc. Includes advice if you have a 2:2 and questions on transcripts
Emmakb

Trainee Forensic Psych Feed

Post by Emmakb » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:40 pm

Hello,

I’ve never posted before and am not sure how many on Forensic routes use the forum but I’m keen to pick the brains of anyone in a trainee Forensic post in a prison.

I have just been offered an HMP trainee position, I was previously working as an assistant Psych and was in the process of self funding and enrolling on Stage 2. Understandably my current supervisor has suggested I hold off enrolling until I reach the new job as all the details of my application including my supervisor will change. What I’m not sure about is whether HMP positions pay your fees for either stage 2 or the Cardiff route? I’m still in the early stages of recruitment so I don’t want to be presumptuous and ask my new employer yet.

Is there anyone currently in a prison post that can advise me?

Many thanks in advance

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
Opetha

Re: Trainee Forensic Psych Feed

Post by Opetha » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:59 pm

Hey Emmakb,

Unfortunatly I cannot answer your question, but I'd really love to ask you a few questions about self funding the part 2? I completed my MSc in Investigative and Forensic Psych and i've struggled to find a job where I can gain part 2 so have been thinking of just switching to clinical and trying to get a place on the clinpsyd course. Is it ok if I pm you?