Vivamus Graduate Workshops

Discuss local psychology graduate / assistant psychologist groups, training events, conferences, meetings and open days. Let people know what is coming up, and report back about events you have attended. Review materials and books here.
Orangeade31

Vivamus Graduate Workshops

Post by Orangeade31 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:32 pm

Hi,

I was thinking about attending one of the Systemic Thinking workshops for graduates run by Vivamus in London. They do CBT ones as well. I was wondering if anyone has been on either, and if they are useful? Its quite a lot of money so I would like to know if people think its worth it?

Thanks!

semele

Re: Vivamus Graduate Workshops

Post by semele » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:47 am

i have never been on one of the courses, but I used to work with one of the psychologists involved in it and she was by far the best I've ever encountered. I would imagine the courses are pretty high standard from what I've heard.
“People know what they do; frequently they know why they do what they do; but what they don't know is what what they do does.”
― Michel Foucault, Madness and Civilization: A History of Insanity in the Age of Reason

TaraGonzalez

Post by TaraGonzalez » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:38 am

I have heard about them, its preety good..:)
Vivamus is currently facilitating a series of workshops aimed at Psychology Graduates and mental health professionals that focus on key therapeutic approaches,. These aim to help professionals conceptualise client presentations within different psychological models, whilst providing them with a firm foundation in the therapeutic approach.I think the courses are of high standard. :) The cost of this two day course is between £150-200 , there is a discounted fee of £150-175 .

daisie

Post by daisie » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:20 pm

I've been on their CBT course. It is a lot of money, and I'm not entirely sure whether it was worth it or not.

That said, I did find it useful to get me thinking about things from a different perspective as I don't get much/any on the job training and sometimes get frustrated at trying to translate theory into practice with little input from my supervisor.

I realise this feedback may not be particularly helpful, but if you have any more specific questions please let me know!