Clinical Psychology: Beyond the Therapy Room

Discuss local psychology graduate / assistant psychologist groups, training events, conferences, meetings and open days. Let people know what is coming up, and report back about events you have attended. Review materials and books here.
Will
Team Member

Clinical Psychology: Beyond the Therapy Room

Post by Will » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:53 pm

Those of you who follow me on twitter may be aware that I helped organise a conference which took place last week. The aim of the day was to think about how clinical psychologists can work in broader ways than 1-1 therapy, particularly in relation to how we can contribute to challenging social inequality. We had a range of speakers including Jamie Hacker Hughes (president of the British Psychological Society).

I just wanted to share the videos from the event which we have made available online in case anyone is interested - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... Zo6cbgPqZt
Ponderings and wonderings in 140 characters - @willcurvis

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
miriam
Site Admin

Re: Clinical Psychology: Beyond the Therapy Room

Post by miriam » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:17 am

Awesome. I really wanted to go but wasn't able to due to insane amounts of other commitments at the moment, so I'm super glad to see I can still see the talks. Thanks!
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com

eponymous85

Post by eponymous85 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:10 pm

followed a little on twitter and it sounded great, wish I'd heard of it earlier! Will catch up on the vids when I can
The mind is not a book, to be opened at will and examined at leisure. Thoughts are not etched on the inside of skulls, to be perused by any invader. The mind is a complex and many layered thing.

Gilly

Post by Gilly » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:39 pm

I was there on the day and it was really thought provoking - I would recommend Mark Browns talk espescially as something to really get you thinking about the wider context of our work, and Jacqui Dillon is always fantastic :)
You're not calling for help, are you?! ;)

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln.

Alexander

Post by Alexander » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:35 am

Amazing. I too really wanted to go but couldn't. Thanks for giving me another chance!

Will
Team Member

Post by Will » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:28 am

Currently plotting another event in January - keep your eyes peeled for more info!
Ponderings and wonderings in 140 characters - @willcurvis