Pre-Qualification Group Annual Conference 2016

Discuss local psychology graduate / assistant psychologist groups, training events, conferences, meetings and open days. Let people know what is coming up, and report back about events you have attended. Review materials and books here.
Jaydemma

Post by Jaydemma » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:53 pm

Community Psychology: Thinking more, speaking more, doing more
#PQGconf

Friday 11th March 2016

The Studio Venue, Birmingham

http://www.kc-jones.co.uk/pqg2016 or click on purple banner at the top of the page

We've got a great line up of speakers and here's who we have confirmed so far:

Jamie Hacker-Hughes (BPS President)
Masuma Rahim (Clinical Psychologist & Blogger)
Lisa Cameron (Clinical Psychologist and MP)
Psychologist Against Austerity PAA
Rufus May (Clinical Psychologist) & Elisabeth Svanholmers (Hearing Voices Network Trainer & Facilitator)
Minorities in Clinical Training Group
Nina Browne (Trainee Clinical Psychologist) & Kat Alcock (Clinical Psychologist)
Sarah Wheeler & Thomas Tobias (Founders of Mental Fight Club & Dragon Cafe)
Walk The Talk Team
Peter Kinderman (Clinical Psychologist and BPS President Elect)
Anne Cooke (Clinical Psychologist)
London Playback
Jack & Jill and the Red Post Pox
Rachel Waddingham

Attending the conference starts at as little as £20!

Lunch and refreshments provided throughout the day

BPS West Midlands Branch is also offering funded bursaries to attend the conference and you can find more information about how to apply at: http://www.bps.org.uk/networks-and-comm ... nd-funding

The Pre-Qualification Group look forward to welcoming you to this years Annual Conference 2016

For regular conference updates you can follow us on Twitter: @DCPPreQual

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
Randall

Re: Pre-Qualification Group Annual Conference 2016

Post by Randall » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:02 pm

Jayde clearly beat me to this...But just to bring the event to life a little bit, here is the poster:

Honestly, I feel the opportunity to hear from the only clinical psychologist who is an MP address the topic of becoming political is reason in itself to attend! :D

RJParker

Post by RJParker » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:46 pm

Worth going just for the WalkTheTalk team. Don't mention propping up bivvy bags with twigs.

Racoon

Post by Racoon » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:05 pm

Hi all,

I have looked into going to this but I'm a bit confused by the pricing. It says it's £20 for PQG members and £30 for DCP members. However, when I enquired about joining PQG previously I was told that if you are a member of DCP and are in pre-qualification stages you are automatically a member. So I'm a bit confused!! Can anyone shed any light on this?

Randall

Post by Randall » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:25 pm

Hi - GREAT to hear that you will be joining us!

You are right, if in a pre-training role or as a trainee, and a DCP member, you will automatically be enlisted as a Pre-Qual member. So select the lower price for sure...The £30 charge is for the qualified members.

In terms of booking, you shouldn't have any problems. But if you do want to double-check anything around your membership status then please email MemberNetworkServices@bps.org.uk to ask them about this. If it is regarding PQG membership, perhaps copy in Kay.Seaton@bps.org.uk, who works with us a lot and can raise any further issues to us if needed :D

BUT, as you say, you shouldn't have any problems...so please sign up! DM if needed too :)

Racoon

Post by Racoon » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:21 am

Excellent! Thanks for clearing this up Randall! :D