Resource Help!! Anatomical Dolls

Discuss local psychology graduate / assistant psychologist groups, training events, conferences, meetings and open days. Let people know what is coming up, and report back about events you have attended. Review materials and books here.
bfenton1993

Resource Help!! Anatomical Dolls

Post by bfenton1993 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:13 pm

Hi Everyone

I was just wondering if you could help me out. My supervisor is looking into finding and potentially acquiring some anatomically correct dolls for our service, to be used when carrying out some intervention work around sexually harmful behaviour. However after much searching online I haven't been able to find any available to buy anywhere. So I was just wondering if any of you have come across them in your line of work and have any recommendations on where I would be able to find them.

Thank you :)

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
alexh

Re: Resource Help!! Anatomical Dolls

Post by alexh » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:36 pm

Like this https://www.teach-a-bodies.com/life-size-adult-dolls

Or more like a real doll https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RealDoll? They're anatomically correct but extremely expensive and viewed as a sex toy, they tend to be 'sexualised' for that reason.

ell

Post by ell » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:34 pm

Do they need to be life-sized?...

bfenton1993

Post by bfenton1993 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:13 am

Thank you guys that was really helpful! and no they dont have to be life-sized.