Join the DCP Pre-Qualification Group!

Discuss local psychology graduate / assistant psychologist groups, training events, conferences, meetings and open days. Let people know what is coming up, and report back about events you have attended. Review materials and books here.
jeni8484

Join the DCP Pre-Qualification Group!

Post by jeni8484 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:34 pm

http://www.bps.org.uk/dcp-affiliate/dcp ... e_home.cfm

The DCP Prequalification Group committee is composed of, and represent, people interested in a career in psychology who have membership of the DCP.

So, who are we and what do we do?

We represent the interests of prequalified members of the DCP including Trainees, Assistants, Graduate Mental Health Workers, Research assistants, etc. on various national committees.

We are actively involved in the accreditation of Clinical Psychology Training Courses by the BPS.

We hold an extremely successful annual conference. It has been fully booked for the last several years and has proved very informative to our members, who are in the first steps of their career.
We compile the Alternative Handbook from questionnaires we send to every trainee in the country.

What are the Benefits of Joining?

- Permissions to download electronic copies of the Alternative Handbook for free
- Receive Clinical Psychology Forum, the profession's monthly journal. It provides research, professional issues and news articles. Members will also receive other publications produced by the division.
- Discounts on workshops and conferences organised by the DCP, and on professional documents published by the Division.
- Representation on national committees with issues of concern to you, via prequalification committee members. These include DCP National Committee, Group of Trainers in Clinical Psychology (GTiCP) and Clinical Trainers in Clinical Psychology (CTCP).
- Membership to your local DCP branch, where you can participate in business and scientific meetings.
- By joining the DCP you become part of a professional body that is recognised by employing authorities and other professional bodies.
- Full access to the DCP and BPS Website
- It only costs £16 to join the DCP PreQualification Group

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
Mr.M

Post by Mr.M » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:06 am

Is anyone planning on attending this years Conference?

Issues around the Supervisor-Supervisee Relationship.

jeni8484

CPD event

Post by jeni8484 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:38 am

Im going to the event on September 11th.
But just to clarify - this isnt the conference! Its an additional one-off CPD event we are organising for our members. The conference is planned for February 2010 in Bristol and will involve key note speakers and workshops on different therapeutic models.
:)
Thanks
Jen

Mr.M

Post by Mr.M » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:01 pm

I stand corrected! In any case, I am assuming non-members can go too...given I am and I am not a member!

h2eau

Post by h2eau » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:08 pm

I'm going!

jeni8484

non-members

Post by jeni8484 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:14 am

Yes of course, you just get a discount if you're a member (why not join?!) ;o)
Not sure how many places are left - there's limited numbers I believe

jadeywadey

Post by jadeywadey » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:41 pm

Foe those that went what was the CPD event like? Learn anything new?

loraflora

Re: Join the DCP Pre-Qualification Group!

Post by loraflora » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:57 pm

The Groups Annual Conference is on Friday 16th March, see the post in the events section!

chanab44

Post by chanab44 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:46 am

I have already join this group but i am waiting the course any one say when will course send.

Opetha

Post by Opetha » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:45 pm

Hey Guys, Is this group still active and taking in new members? I am having difficulty locating joining instructions on the BPS website.

Thanks

maven
Site Admin

Post by maven » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:35 pm

The PQG is very active on twitter, so I'd contact them that way. But they definitely still exist!
Maven.

Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something - Plato
The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool - Shakespeare