Assistant Groups

Discuss local psychology graduate / assistant psychologist groups, training events, conferences, meetings and open days. Let people know what is coming up, and report back about events you have attended. Review materials and books here.
Fhafeez

Re: Assistant Groups

Post by Fhafeez » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:14 pm

enid wrote:There are several - north and south.
Hi Enid

Do you happen to know any information about the groups running in London? Would be greatly appreciated :D

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
Randomswirls
Team Member

Post by Randomswirls » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:42 pm

I know of two

North Thames graduate group the email to join is norththamesgradpsychgroup@gmail.com

There is also the IOP group and the email address is assistant_psychologists@kcl.ac.uk

There is also an east London one but not sure if its still in existence as they never replied.

Fhafeez

Post by Fhafeez » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:27 pm

Randomswirls wrote:I know of two

North Thames graduate group the email to join is norththamesgradpsychgroup@gmail.com

There is also the IOP group and the email address is assistant_psychologists@kcl.ac.uk

There is also an east London one but not sure if its still in existence as they never replied.

THANKS!! :D

Katy7

Post by Katy7 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:33 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm from the west midlands area (more on the north side of Birmingham really).

I see there is a worcester group but it meets Wednesdays 10am to 12pm which doesn't work for me with a full time job....Is anyone in the midlands area who would like to organise a group to meet weekends at all? I am yet to be part of a group so don't really know what they entail but it would be great to meet some fellow pre training individuals!

PurpleKoala

Post by PurpleKoala » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:27 am

Hi,

I'm currently working as an assistant in Milton Keynes and was just wondering if anyone knew of any groups running in the area?

Also, I've heard there used to be a group that met in Leicester in the evenings - does anyone know if this is still running?

Thanks in advance!

Sushiroll

Post by Sushiroll » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:27 pm

Does anyone know of any groups running in Kent?

natta12345

Post by natta12345 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:02 pm

Update regarding the Lincolnshire Assistant Group:

The group meetings are held on every first Wednesday of the month, 2pm-4pm, in Lincoln.

For more information and to be added to the mailing list, please e-mail Dani Harker on: Danielle.Harker@LPFT.nhs.uk or Natalie Holloway on: Natalie.Holloway@LPFT.nhs.uk

APs and anyone working in the Lincolnshire area who is interested in a career in clinical psychology is welcome to attend :)

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:58 pm

Hi all,

Anyone working in Birmingham and Solihull Mental health Trust who would like at attend the assistant meeting please PM me. I'm Afraid its only open to BSMHFT employees, for various reasons it is not open to Aston students but is to anyone else who holds an honorary contract with the trust is welcome.

We meet every other month. The next one is in March and we have a timetable of chairs to lead the meeting and a topic of their choice is discussed (usually something in relation to their current or past experience/job).

The group is quite focused and we aim to keep it as free from application anxieties as possible.

PM me if anyone is interest who I have missed off emailing from the global list :D

Lp22

Post by Lp22 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:53 pm

Hello,

Does anybody know of any groups in Sheffield / South Yorkshire?

PsyJason

Post by PsyJason » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:23 pm

Hello all,

Just waiting to get the front page updated but thought I would post up some further details here regarding the Worcestershire assistant psychologist group. We have had another shuffle around of the chair so anyone who wishes to join and come along please email me on Jason.Lines@hacw.nhs.uk

The meetings are currently taking place at the Worcester Royal Hospital site.

We try to meet monthly and traditionally this has taken place on a Wednesday between 10am-12pm. At the end of last year we had the Trust Lead Psychologist in, talking about the role of clinical psychologists in the NHS and this month we had a third year trainee on a local course in to talk about her thesis and answer questions about life as a trainee.

We try to maintain a friendly atmosphere, no pressures, as we are all in the same boat, roughly speaking!

Will
Team Member

Post by Will » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:46 pm

I'll be updating the front page from now on - let us know if there's any contact details need changing!
Ponderings and wonderings in 140 characters - @willcurvis

Aimen

Post by Aimen » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:12 am

Is there any Assistant group near Hertfordshire?

AmyO

Post by AmyO » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:35 pm

Hello... does anyone know if there is a group in the Birmingham / Warwick area that meet regularly? I will soon be relocating to this area and would like to join :D
thanks!

Will
Team Member

Post by Will » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:37 pm

Hi, there's a list on the first page of the thread - there's an email contact for a Birmingham group :)
Ponderings and wonderings in 140 characters - @willcurvis

Bobgirl

Post by Bobgirl » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:42 pm

Hey Will

I was randomly browsing for no reason at all ha! I'm not sure who chairs the Tayside group anymore but it's definitely not Moira Cook as she is now a Qualified Clinical Psychologist. :D