Qualifieds: how long have you been in each post?

Discuss any aspect of applying for posts or courses (apart from the clinical psychology doctorate which has its own forum section), CVs, application forms, etc
CellarDoor

Qualifieds: how long have you been in each post?

Post by CellarDoor »

We're wanting to relocate sooner than planned and this would mean leaving an 8a post before I've been there a year. Please can you advise me on how bad this would look? In my pre psychology days the basic HR advice was not to leave too soon into a post and I'm wondering how much this applies in the NHS and CP. My last post was 2.5 years but my first qualified post was only a six month mat leave cover so I feel a bit in edge about it. Thanks.
miriam
Site Admin

Re: Qualifieds: how long have you been in each post?

Post by miriam »

I don't think anybody will care very much. If you are qualified and have positive references, a fixed term post followed by a second short post shouldn't be a big issue. I guess if you had a string of three or four posts of under a year people might begin to wonder about it. But I'd just write a reason for changing posts (eg due to relocating to different area; due to end of fixed term funding) and not worry too much.
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com
ell

Post by ell »

NHS is struggling to recruit to qualified posts. You'd be fine I'm sure.
CellarDoor

Post by CellarDoor »

Thank you. 👍