Writing a reflective application - how to do it

Discuss any aspect of applying for posts or courses (apart from the clinical psychology doctorate which has its own forum section), CVs, application forms, etc
Purplebear

Writing a reflective application - how to do it

Post by Purplebear » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:35 am

I was wondering whether people had any tips on how to write a reflective application for an assistant psychologist position. I am looking to apply for a few positions that have come up and want to make them as reflective and suitable as possible!

Also, is it reasonable to cite a couple of papers to demonstrate reading around the post and understanding of what it entails? Just name, date and (briefly) what was gained from reading it and how that would relate to performance in the role.

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
Alexander

Re: Writing a reflective application - how to do it

Post by Alexander » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:04 am

Use a reflective model (Kolb?) to think about your experiences. Write about your reflections while relating them to the post to which you are applying. I don't think it is necessary to cite papers, but showing you are aware of the client group, relevant policies and/or treatment approaches is always good.